Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Down in the Dumps....(took test early) have you.....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

So being the mrs. Impatient i am, i took a Frer test today. Its supposed to test 6 days sooner and today is 5 days before my missed period. It was a BFN! I was so sure this was my month!! My friend even called me to ask when my period was due cause outta the blue she got a feeling i was prego! This is the LONGEST it has ever taken me to concieve! The longest until now was 1 month tops! I guess thats why this waiting game is driving me insane! HAs anyone tested at 5 days early and then tested later and got a positive??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsK34
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I tested at 9,10, 11, and 12dpo with FRER's and got BFNs...I didn't get a BFP until 14dpo which was the day I was supposed to get AF and she didn't show.  There is still a chance!!  Good Luck! 

blazenangel5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Oh thank you! you are my inspiration that there is still hope! I am just so freaking impatient it drives me insane! i hear all these stories that people found out sooner and i thought i could be one of them.

Quoting MrsK34:

I tested at 9,10, 11, and 12dpo with FRER's and got BFNs...I didn't get a BFP until 14dpo which was the day I was supposed to get AF and she didn't show.  There is still a chance!!  Good Luck! 

hannahreganj
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

i tested day before af was due and  got bfn then had af like bleeding tested  after af like bleeding was done 5 days later and got a bfp got the blood test day next day and my levels were at 176 good luck anything can happen

l.amey321
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Awh that's so cute that she thought you were preggo! lol My sister said she had a dream that I was preggo!

Good luck!

ASullivan757
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM

One of my friends had a dream I was prego. 

So you can test six days before your missed period IF you've already implanted and started creating more hcg hormone, and enough to come up on a test.  I know when it was 5 days early, I believe the stats were something like 25% got positives five days before.  If you search the internet and the box of frer there are no longer stats on there, it's probably not very often that people get positives on 6 days before, especially since you normally implant around 6-8 dpo and can even go all the way up to 12 dpo.

monichella71787
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM
I didn't test pos until the first day of my missed period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BIMOM21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedheadMama18
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM

With my DD I didn't get a positive until I was 11dpo, so 3 days before I missed AF. 

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM

There is still a chance hunni!!! Don't get yourself down. :) SMILE!

mazonmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM

You defintely still have a chance.  With my last two pregnancies I tested a few days before my period and was negative and a few days later BFP!  GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)