Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Embarrassing Question

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

This is so embarrassing, but I keep looking for the answer and not getting it. When I was a teenager I had a baby boy. While I was pregnant with that baby boy I had chlamydia immediately treated once found. Can this keep me from ever getting pregnant again? I am so so scared that I can not have a baby. I still have not gotten my period, but I know it is coming. I just know it. I am convinced I can not have a baby. I want to cry.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ctink8189
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM
I'm not an expert or anything but I'm not sure why that would prevent you from having children. Do you know whether or not you are ovulating? I'd try some at home ovulation tests and if you have no luck with them then I'd talk to your doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahHasAnEvan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Its a bacterial infection - once you've finished the antibiotics you no longer have it. No worries. :)

TJD22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Ok, I never looked at it that way. It was when I was 17 and pregnant and now 29 and no other children. Who knows what is wrong with me. I still have to give it a full year though. I am at 7 months of trying right now.

Lovebugbaby
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

No, I don't think that would bother you because they give you medicine to clear it up.

Here's a bump though..

hrfroggie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:07 PM

nope it shouldnt cause any problems the exact same thing happened to me and i got treated right away and i have other children but i am trying again and it is taking a really long time it seems but that is for other reasons :(

DuncansMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I wouldn't think so, but I do have a friend who got it in highschool and she told me her dr's told her it might make it hard for her to conceive. It was the first time I ever heard that, but about 6 months after her and her hubby started trying she did get pregnant..so yeah, I don't know.

kari2103
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

i dont think it could prevent you from getting pregnant again. im not 100% tho. maybe ask a dr and see what they say! but i wanna say no it wouldnt prevent you from getting pregnant a second time.

tina01446
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM
if it was found early enough and treated ive heard it wont complicate things but id check w your doc to be sure. good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJD22
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Thanks ladies for being so supportive. That was a very embarrassin question and that just goes to show that you are all very understanding. I hope that is not my issue, and I don't seem to think it is so much anymore. But I wish I knew what was. I just need to wait until February. That will officially be our year mark. Please God give me a baby!

definedclefts
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM
If you had clamedyia for to long and untreated it can cause you to get other diseases that would cause that but if you got treated as soon as you found out and it cleared up you should be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)