Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Duggar family

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

What do you think about the Duggar family?

Having 19 kids, is that too much?

Do you think you think if you could have that many kids, would you?

Don't you wish that you could get pregnant that easy?

Have you wondered how do they get the time to get pregnant with all those kids?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ffirsttimemommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM
I think its way to much! They can't mentally physically and emotionally take care of all those kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cs-sahm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I think its way too many. I know I couldn't do it and wouldn't do it. I believe that the older kids take care of the younger kids and mom and dad don't do everything for every little kid. 

pistachio479
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM
i agree. too many. sad part is they're in the state i live in not too far away...it's just...honestly i know they don't believe in bc but damn, pull out or something! at least TRY not to have that many kids. oh man i do wish i could get pregnant so easy...must be nice. and the thing is, they don't take care of all of them, the kids all take care of each other! i mean seriously! they get a tv show instead of a show from cps?! i mean they take away people's pets when they have that many...i'm not trying to say that children are equal to pets...i'm saying that when you cannot give each child an equal and satisfactory amount of undivided attention, that should be means of an intervention or something!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pnut1027
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Quoting cs-sahm:

I think its way too many. I know I couldn't do it and wouldn't do it. I believe that the older kids take care of the younger kids and mom and dad don't do everything for every little kid. 

I agree, they have the older kids buddy up with the younger kids.  And yes I do wish I could get pregnant that easy. 

Kenre
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM

They are my idols.

Nope. They should have more if they want to.

Yes, but unfortunately I can't.

It's not the getting pregnant I have issues with. It's the carrying to term.

I think they find time just fine. They usually concieve the next one right about the time that a baby finally sleeps through the night.

oreo1991
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM

i think that its nice for her to have that many kids which means bigger genration but for me nooooooo.....wayyyyy

oreo1991
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM

that should help out alot with the kids sleeping in the middle of the night how they do it i dont know but i could use some tips from them. the kids look like they dont fight at all..

Quoting Kenre:

They are my idols.

Nope. They should have more if they want to.

Yes, but unfortunately I can't.

It's not the getting pregnant I have issues with. It's the carrying to term.

I think they find time just fine. They usually concieve the next one right about the time that a baby finally sleeps through the night.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mandy716
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM
I think if that is what works for them go for it. Not my cup of tea. I do not like that the oldest take care of the youngest, but to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angel_bree
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

My mom had seven kids including me, thats lot to me but I would like to have 5. I couldn't imagine having 19 kids.

erin6704
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I want a big family, but not that big! They have way to many children to take of and I agree with the others, they have the older siblings take care of the younger ones. I do hope they are more careful in the future because I believe that everything that happened with her going into preterm labor with their youngest child has everything to do with her body being to tired. I think from here on out she will experience the same type of thing. It's just to much for body to handle. I think it would be selfish for them to have more. Not only are they putting the children they already have at risk but they are putting the new mother and the new baby/babies. Their youngest could have health problems from being born so early. And what would all of those children do without their mother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)