Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

annoyed...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

While pregnant with my dd in 2008, I immediately began having gall bladder issues. Dr's attempted to solve the problem by putting in a billiary stent. It did not help, so I ended up having to have my gall bladder removed. I finally went in on june 25th of this year (dd is now 13 months), to have the stent removed. Since that day, I have had severe attacks of pain, and have been to the e.r. twice. There is some sort of blockage and my liver enzymes are way high. So, now they're telling me I need to go back in and have ANOTHER stent put back in permanently. The next available time is not until sept 7th. So, for the next to months, i need to be on a no fat, no meat diet in hopes to prevent pain and high liver enzymes.

I'm just so frustrated to be dealing with this at all. If we don't turn out to be pregnant this month, then we might put everything on hold until I get that new stent in. UGH.

Thanks for reading ladies...

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy_279
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM
I am sorry . my sister had the same problem when she was pg with my niece . When my niece was a year old my sis had another attack . So they finally took her gall bladder out when they did she had over 500 gall stones in there . She is much better now that it is out .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
J.Norman
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I was having the same issues after the birth of my son and I requested to have it taken out. I havent had a problem since then and that was June 2004

LilyBeansMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  I know the pain of gall bladder issues and I can't imagine how I'd feel if I had to deal with that even after having the thing removed!!

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM

crappy why can't they just remove it?

ambermilton
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Quoting strawberryLVR:

crappy why can't they just remove it?

they did remove thegall bladder..

and they just recently removed the temperary stent. and now i have problems all over again.. so i have to have a permanent stent put back in to make sure the duct stays clear.

such a pain in the butt.. i am literally soooo tired of being in pain. feels like i'm no use to anyone! It's hard to get anything done around the house or play with the kids.

Can't wait to get this all dealt with once and for all!

kaismama1006
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 3:31 AM

I'm sorry! That sounds terrible! That makes no sense that they can't get you in sooner, or something.  I don't know much about the gall bladder and liver stuff, but I can't imagine.   That's ridiculous to make you wait 2 months.  Wish you luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)