Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so my dh thinks our son is....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
So my husband and I gave our boys a bath tonight and while I was rubbing lotion on our 5 yr old ds he was laughing cause it tickled his feet so my dh to make a point to me tells my son to watch the tv while I rub the lotion on and my son didn't move didn't laugh or anything and my dh think our son is borderline MR... we know he's smart and we think he's aspergers (having him tested) and but my dh honestly thinks he just borderline MR.. I just don't know where to have him tested except mhmr which I don't really want to make that drive plus he's only 5! Can you be borderline MR?
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenre
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I'm confused... What is MR?

jily_beans
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Me too.

Quoting Kenre:

I'm confused... What is MR?

CuppyCake333
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

meantally retared? Well it may be ADD because when he had somthing else to pay attention to so it didn't realize the tickling i know if i don't focas on being tickled i am not tickalish so it doesn't mean he is MR

mommy_279
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM
Yes you can . my son was diagnosist at 6 with MR and ADHD he is 15 now .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
J.Norman
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I'm confused. Because of that yall think that?

STACIEH
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM
I'm guessing there is more to it than this. My dh swears our son has add. He is 4 so I am chalking it up to being a young boy.

Quoting J.Norman:

I'm confused. Because of that yall think that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
definedclefts
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Sorry let me go into full detail on our son. He's 5 yrs old adhd was born with cleft lip cleft palate 6 weeks and 3 days early. Was in nicu for a month. Has had 15 surgeries since he was 10 days old. My dh has an uncle that is mentally retarded which is what MR stands for and our son has a lot of the same tendencies like laughing when being tickled even when your not touching him. Our son doesn't speak well which is from his clefts but he didn't walk until after he was 2, didn't say a 4 word sentance until he was almost 4, he crys a lot for no reason he doesn't understand how to clean his body or wipe himself even though he's been potty trained for 2 yrs. If that helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM
I don't know what to tell you. Red is Autistic. He is only ticklish if he wants to be and I don't think he has a "real" laugh. He is 6 years old. He didn't talk until he was just about 4 years old and he was potty trained after the age of 5. He cannot dress himself or bathe himself.

I give you luck. All three of my boys are special needs. I am hoping the next one will be "normal".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof3yippey
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:14 AM

so he laughs when you arent even tickling him?

my kids do that sometimes? they are fine?

J.Norman
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Quoting definedclefts:

Sorry let me go into full detail on our son. He's 5 yrs old adhd was born with cleft lip cleft palate 6 weeks and 3 days early. Was in nicu for a month. Has had 15 surgeries since he was 10 days old. My dh has an uncle that is mentally retarded which is what MR stands for and our son has a lot of the same tendencies like laughing when being tickled even when your not touching him. Our son doesn't speak well which is from his clefts but he didn't walk until after he was 2, didn't say a 4 word sentance until he was almost 4, he crys a lot for no reason he doesn't understand how to clean his body or wipe himself even though he's been potty trained for 2 yrs. If that helps

My kids laugh if you act like your going to tickle him and if you were then stop they keep laughing, My 4 yr old really just started talking in 4 - 5 word sentences in the last year and she didnt talk at all until 2.5 or 3. My 6 yr old son crys a lot for no reason hes just a sensitive kid so I was told. All of mine are normal happy kids. Good Luck in whatever happens!!!

baby dust

Engaged to Brent. Ready for April 30th, 2011. Mother to Holden 1-29-2004Madilyn 11-30-2005, Landon1 2-21-2007, and TTC our Bundle of Joy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)