Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is ordered the crib and I am working on the baby's quilt

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

Why because after 2.5 years now and starting the infertility treatments I need to. I need to have a physical representation that this IS going to happen we ARE going to have a child. I need to be able to SEE that we are going to have a child, I need it to be real, not just some dream some hope but a sign of the reality that it IS going to happen.  I am not going to tell my family we ordered the crib and that I am working on the quilt, I don't think they would understand, but I NEED this. Tell me someone else understands.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM

awesome! Sounds fun and i see noting wrong with it. I'm going through the same thing only not with a baby in general but i am pretending that i'm having a baby girl. :) There are too many boys in this house and even if i end up with another little boy, I need to pretend that it will be a girl. just for now. good luck with everything. I know it helps to do things like this. enjoy it!

lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

not really. but hope it helps! good luck and hope u get ur bfp soon!!!!

becs0808
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM
I know what you mean. I don't know if dh would understand so i get to just pretend to myself that there is a baby on the way! good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophieLee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Can you link me your post on the progression of everything.. I be damned if I can't find it anywhere and the search button is useless... I go away for one weekend and i am so far behind.. LOL

NCMommy2be
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/11615897/Rnd1_Clomid_w_IUI_Monitoring_CD_30_4_days_post_IUI?last#last

Here ya go! How is your TTC going?

Quoting SophieLee:

Can you link me your post on the progression of everything.. I be damned if I can't find it anywhere and the search button is useless... I go away for one weekend and i am so far behind.. LOL

CuppyCake333
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 3:31 AM

That sounds so fun i think i might start a quilt :)

fitmama13
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I understand, I want to start on the blanket too. =) I have looked at all kinds of furniture etc. Bought my baby and birth books already. So I'm there with you. We aren't buying any furniture until we are pregnant and farther along though. GL to you and I hope you get to fill that crib very soon!!

jlvanhorn
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I did the same thing.. we actually completed our nursery back in August 09 but November 24th 09 we lost everything to a fire so we are back to square one. Im not sure if we are going to do the nursery again till the time comes. But I totally understand. DH and I's philosophy on it was.. we felt we was determined to have a baby no matter what so that was why we did it. This time around, we want to wait till the time comes... I still buy baby clothes and other little things in hopes for it to happen.. Best of luck and baby dust to you.. Hope we all get our miracles!

elisajenise
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I still have my DS's crib in the garage (broken down) and a friend graciously gave me her playpen, highchair, sling etc. I keep those under our bed. It helps me, so I understand :-)

ginnaye
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I understand. and I think it is wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)