Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telling the father youre pregnant ideas

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

OK so I haven't got a BFP yet.  But I was thinking that when I do, I will want to tell BF ASAP!  At the same time...  I want it to be special.  So I want to have a plan ready.  Here's my idea.  I love love love making videos.  Esp the sweet ones that make you cry.  lol  But I'm not sure how I wanna do it.  Like...  what song I wanna use...  what pictures I wanna use...  exactly what to say.  Here's an example i've found of something LIKE what i wanna do:

but... i want it to be sweeter.  the "you got a friend in me" music makes it seem too silly/chummy.  i'd rather go for romance OR bittersweet memories kindof.  I've made 2 vidoes for different occassions before:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Kersten/Family/?action=view&current=BabyMine.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Kersten/Family/?action=view&current=Youaremysunshine.flv

So...  any song ideas?  Should I use baby pics of both of us?  Of our other kids?  I kinda wnt to have it be a bit of a surprise at the end like the first vid.  What should the ruse be and what should i say?  i'd love ideas from yall!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DessC
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM

That was a cute video. 

JoJoBean8
by Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM

When I found out I plan on going and buying a congratulation banner and a bunch of balloons and decorating the house for when he comes home from work. I will put my daughter in a big sister shirt and let him put 2 and 2 together.

Mommy4Life86
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

omg that was so stinkin cute! what a good idea! good luck!!

Pregnancy%20ticker
CaptainCookie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Whenever I think of a man finding out about becoming a father I think of Creed's song "With Arms Wide Open"

Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is going to change
I close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face
With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath, take her by my side
We stand in awe, we've created life
With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

wedding planningLilypie - (1bRL)
Lilypie - (uC0D)Lilypie - (nfMj)

plzbpreggo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM

i love that video it was very creative i think u should keep just like that

Lazee22
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM

That's stinkin cute! When I first found out I was pregnant with my son 2 years ago, I just went to my hubby's dorm room (when we were dating). I putted on movie called "Facing Giant" toward to the end afte football won for the first time in years. The coach's wife finally got pregnant and she surprised him by saying " you made the daddy team" bc they have been trying for years. Anyway my huesband was like WHAT?!? are you pulling some prank on me and I was lke uhh no I'm serious and he was like prove it and I was like ok took paper from doctor out and showed him and he was like shocked! Iit took few hours for the shock to wore off.. then he liked it the way I did.

Kiki7808
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

we im due for af the 13th of aug. and my hubbys bday is the 29th so i was either thinking of waiting till than to test or testing before and not telling him till his bday but getting a onesies that says my dad has super powers ( he likes super heros) and when he opens it he would know then... i just dont know if i cant hold out that long cuz its lie 2 weeks after i would be ment to get af.. we shall see 

LeeLei
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM
I have no idea what to do! I am ovulating now and bding has already happened. I have short cycles and af is due aug6. Our first year anniversary is aug12 so I am hoping to be positive by then and I was thinking of buying a pair of booties and giving them to the waitress so when they bring the food out they give them to him. Our bdays are sep23 and sep27 so if I don't get a bfp aug I hope to have by then and do the same thing! This of course is if I can even hold out! DH is so involved idk if I'd be able to surprise him at all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)