Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women can safely get pregnant right after miscarriage, study shows

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:39 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just thought htis might be useful to some!

Women can safely get pregnant right after miscarriage, study shows

http://www.kcautv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12937155

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pregowithfifth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I got prego 10 days after my first misscarriage and I now have a perfectly healthy 10 year old girl.

ladysavage
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:19 AM

I miscarried on December 25th '09 and was pregnant again 2 weeks later - I'm now 31 weeks with a healthy baby, it can happen. :)

MargotRanae
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Most women I know try right away to catch pregnancy hormones. I tried after full first period. There isn't any medical reason to wait. However I don't think the percentage is high so soon. Less than 20%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I'm way too scared to try again so soon. I won't be able to handle another m/c.  The study does sound promising but this was my 3rd pregnancy not my 1st and I'm assuming that since my last m/c was ectopic and had my tube removed mine would not be considered an uncomplicated m/c, according to the study. I kinda wish it applied to my situation though, maybe I wouldn't be so scared! Thanks for sharing!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I'm living proof that it's possible.I M/C December of 06 and got  my BFP January of 07.She is now a beautiful 2yr old. (3 in October).And i had a very uncomplicated pregnancy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

plzbpreggo
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM

i actually seen this yesterday night on the news!! 

azpreemiemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM

My Dr told me this a few years ago when we thought I was M/C my DD. He told me there is no reason to wait.

JBLC
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I never wait either !!! I have gotten pregnant successfully after 3 miscarriages !! I had a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage in June 05 got preggo 2 weeks later he is now a healthy 4 yr old boy !!! Then I got preggo May 08 m/c and got preggo 2 weeks later and she is a Healthy 16 months old girl !!! Then I got preggo Dec 09 and m/c got preggo Jan 2010.... 3 weeks later and I am now almost 31 weeks preggo with another girl.

So IT CAN and DOES happen !!! Some people can get preggo easily after m/c but not everyone. My OB told me you are super fertile after a m/c just like after giving birth !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)