• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a drug addict that found a sale on crack!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:10 AM
  • 10 Replies

So I decided last night at 8:45pm that I wanted to test this morning (yeah bad idea it's way too early and was disappointing) so I look online.  There's a Family Dollar by my house that I've never been to and a Dollar Tree where I've bought HPTs before about 4 miles away.  Both close at 9pm so I figure I have time to make it to Family Dollar.  I get there and they don't have HPTs!

So I figure I'll just suck it up and decide I'll go to Walmart and buy some FRER.  I have a coupon for $1 off in my purse (it's almost insulting that's all the coupon in the box is for when you consider that the only women using the coupons are TTC and putting enormous amounts of money in their pockets).  II get over to Walmart and go to the pharmacy aisle.  I choose Walmart for the simple fact that they don't lock up their tests and have self checkout.  Yep I am a 25 year old that has been married for 2 1/2 years and has been TTC for almost a year and still gets embarassed that someone I don't know in the store might know I have unprotected sex and may have gotten knocked up.  So I go over and get the 3 pack box (I buy as many as possible so I can avoid making several of these embarrassing trips).  Then I look at the price: $12.28!  WHAT! Last time I bought this box it was $18!  I was so excited I walked straight to self check without grabbing anything else to buy/hide the giant pink box that screams "She's gonna take a pregnancy test!"

So with the coupon it only cost $11.28.  But wait there's more!  I get it home and there's a little green stick in there.  It came with a free fertility test too.  Of course I didn't take the time to read the outside of the box well enough to see that information.  I'm not really worried about my fertility (I got pregnant once already this year but it ended in a blighted ovum m/c) but like a heroin addict that shoots up with water just to feel the rush of something in their veins, I will pee on any stick that will show a chemical reaction. 

If there are any TTCs out their in Las Vegas I bought them at the Walmart on Cheyenne and Rainbow and their were still some left (I'm not sure how many as I left the aisle quite quickly in my previously stated shameful/excited haze). But you better buy them fast before I run out again and need another fix LOL!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof3yippey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:17 AM

lol..glad you are happy about it! hahah

ahawkins
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:18 AM

LOL that is too funny! I used to live in that area...now I'm in Oregon!  I am a poas-aholic too!

Akie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:21 AM

i just wanted to say... you are absolutely halarious and adorable!!! good luck momma and hope to see a post with a BFP pic!!!

sanoe08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:21 AM

You're a riot!! Hahaha!! Hope you get your BFP soon so other people can get a chance at those HPT's! Good luck to you!!!

Kiffypooh
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:38 AM

You are a great writer.  I feel like I was with you in Walmart.  You also made my two trips to the Dollar Store last week (within hours of each-other) where I bought 5 HPT each trip (because I didn't want the lady at the check stand to give me a strange look if I bought 10 at one time) not seem so bad :O)  the guy who watched me take all 5 tests off the hook did a double take, and of course I didn't give it enough time between trips so the same checker rang me up for the second trip.  I'm pretty sure she wanted to say, "hunny, it's not a game of how many you pee on on, it's a matter of the results!"

Great story!  I needed a smile so thank you!

bonnebell81
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Love it!!!! I also am a poas-aholic!!!! GL to you and lots of babydust!!!!

RedheadMama18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Wow that's a great deal!  I got a pack of 2 at Target for $7.99 on sale.

Lovebugbaby
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I get equally excited when I find a great deal! I'll scoop up a few of them if I find a good one!

I still do the same thing. But our walmart here locks them up, so we go to walgreens to pay an arm and a leg for my embarrasment! lol

DF has no problem with it. He went to dollar tree and got me 10 HPT's, and when the cashier said something, he said "I guess you've never tried to conceive? Remember this moment when your in a full blown TTC moment.." LOL!

ambk4ever
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM

LOL this is too funny. But at least you have a good addiction, although it is probably justa s expencive. lol you are to funny though!!!

loveselvis33
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I laughed the whole way through this. Keep everyone posted on your BFP!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)