• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few questions. Thanks to anyone who answers. :D

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:50 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, this is probably going to sound stupid since I already have three children and have been pregnant five times but here it goes.....

According to mymonthlycycles.com, I should be ovulating tomorrow.  I  had crampy twinge-y pain on my left side yesterday.  I have not had any ewcm though.  At least I don't think so.  Hubby and I have been Bd-ing every day since my period stopped which was on July 28th.  I have still been checking but I know that a day or two after Bd-ing, you can get false egcm.  Yesterday morning when I checked, I did have a glob of stretchy stuff but I wasn't sure if it was egcm or sperm from the night before.  None of the other mornings did I find a glob after BD-ing.  I know that I'm fertile and that I ovulate but I am not sure if I should trust my ticker and stuff now.  Should I just go by when I expect my period unless I get ewcm before then.  If I get ewcm later on, should I count that as my ovulation and test 10 to 15 days after that?

Just to clarify.....I'm not using opks this month, I only started checking my cm like four days ago and my cycles can be irregular but only monthly irregular if you kwim.  I may go a month or so without one but the next one will still show up at the same time it was due. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who gets through this rambling post and answers me. 

Sticky Baby Dust to all!!

I am a Breast and Bottle Feeding, Cloth diapering,Baby Wearing,Epidural birthing,Vaccinating,Suzie Homemaking, SAHM. I'm the proud mommy of Kelsie Elizabeth (9-18-2000), Mathew James (9-4-2002), Benjamin Shan (11-6-2009) and two sweet Angel Babies in Heaven. Have a nice Day!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DessC
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I have no advice but here is a bump for you!

shivajnr
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Tickers are just an estimation.  Your body's signs are definitely more reliable.  GOOD LUCK!!!

Mommyof3yippey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Dont feel stupid! I have 3 kids and been preg ten times and still don't know it all either.

It's hard to distinguish between ur cm and sperm...the semen in there can look identical to ewcm at times....so I dont know

AndiDurall
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Thanks.  haha.  I kinda figure at this point that we will just do it every other night at least until the 20th.  If I do get a showing of ewcm then I will count from there I guess.  I kinda felt like I should have ovulated because my son was 9 months old yesterday and my cycles are the same.  lol.  I could have just missed it.  I might have ovulated early....my af was a little odd this last time.  I didn't really start checking until like four days ago because I'm so worried that I'll miss my ovulation or something.  We are bound to catch it if we do it every other night until af time though, right??

bonnebell81
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I would go with your fertile cm signals than the ticker, that's what I usually do and use opk's to that have been helpful. GL to you and lots of babydust!!baby dust

mazonmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I would BD every other night if you are worried about missing ovualtion.  I find the best way to track ovualtion is to check your cervix.  Have you ever tried?  If you get used to checking it really takes the guess work out of everything.

MargotRanae
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Also, ewcm is shiny, sperm is opaque. You are right though, even I'd you have ewcm and had sex earlier, it can get mixed up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)