Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the heck is going on?!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am supposed to be on CD3 today.  AF showed up much to my dismay on Thursday but it never turned into a real flow.  Today I am having some reddish spotting but normally on CD3 I am having the worst cramps and a heavy flow.  Then I decided to take another strip test and the weird faint line showed up again.  I dipped one more strip, then forgot about it.  I could see a line on it too but it was past the time.  So I dipped one more and got another weird line.  They still don't really look positive so I am guessing they have to be evap lines but I don't understand how so many of these can have evap lines unless wondfo tests are known to have really bad evap lines.  I didn't have a problem with them before lol!  I just needed to get that out!  I guess I'll see what AF decides to do.  Hope everyone is having a great day!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cynthianc
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I am in the same boat! All my tests I have taken since thurs have had a second line and I dont know if they are evap or not but I didnt see a single one on any test  i took before thurs.... i was due weds and started thurs but it is lighter than normal, not super light though.... good luck!

LeeLei
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM
im in the same boat as far as those evap lines. i took 4 diff ones all with lines amd they seemed to get darker but never a bam in yo face pos. its odd that i got 4 like that but idk? still no af for me tho. GL! Hope its not AF for u after all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovebugbaby
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Maybe try another brand test? That would ease to confusion..hopefully. lol

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

Maybe try another brand test? That would ease to confusion..hopefully. lol

dueoctober809
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM

could be that you are indeed preggo and the af youre having is just pregnancy spotting... i hope so! is there anyway you can post a pic?

RedheadMama18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM

If my "period" stops or doesn't get any heavier I will probably take a FRER in a few more days.  I just don't want to waste them!  They are so tempting though because I bought two of those 2 packs that were on sale at target!  I just need to try and wait this out but I wish my body wouldn't confuse me.

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Can you post a pic?

RedheadMama18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM

The lines are too faint to capture in a picture!  They look like evap lines but I have had them on a ton of tests.  I don't understand how close to 8 strips in a row would all be evap lines even though that's what they look like?!  I didn't take 8 this morning, just 8 over a few days!  LOL!  I didn't have these lines before either.

Quoting dueoctober809:

could be that you are indeed preggo and the af youre having is just pregnancy spotting... i hope so! is there anyway you can post a pic?

bonnebell81
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM

You know girlie I'm sure what's going on but I sure hope those aren't evaps and you get the bfp!!!:) Got my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!! GL and lots of babydust...hugs too!!!

baby dusthugs

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Hey,

I would definitely test again in a few days.  Many women get a shorter lighter period at the beginning of thier pregnancy, which is usually normal.

Otherwise, perhaps you had a weird cycle.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)