Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your body know your pregnant?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

I talk to several women about how to get pregnant etc. Each women tells me they just knew. I worry that my body does differnt things and I am confusing those symptoms with pregnancy symptoms. I always start my period few days after I start thinking I am pregnant. However alot of women also say they still bleed months into their pregancy, and can get neg HPT for months into their pregnancy. So how are you really supposed to know, how do you read you body without tricking your mind into thinking you are pregnant.  Also this time around I start my Per. a few days later than supossed to. Help plz

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommap87
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM

All i can tell you is that every woman is different. Most woman get positives before their AF but me on the other hand i am at least 20 days late before i get my BFP. Right now i am currently 16 days late. Had a faint pos lastnight but today had a neg. So go by how you feel and try charting to keep up with your body signs. It takes months to realize what signs mean what. GL

loveselvis33
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM

There is no exact science to getting pregnant. The key is to know when ovulation is coming and when it has passed. If you have the proper symptoms for ovulation and your BD a few days before and day of, then the rest can play itself out. HPT seem to be fairly accurate for most people. But if you do not get AF and think you may be pregnant, make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test. Other than that, it's all a calculated guessing game. When you're TTC your body plays tricks on you and pregnancy symptoms appear, even when you're not pregnant. This is the reason for this group... to share stories, to learn about the whole cycle, and to have someone in the same position to talk to. Check out the website fertilityfriend.com to learn what everyone is talking about with temping, cervical mucus, etc. Maybe that will help you. Good luck.

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I usually get tender boobs and cramps before my period. This time I had gas so I decided to test and+

csly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Yea for the past week or so I have been having a lot of pregnancy syptoms then yest started my period. But my husband and I had a lot of one on one time this past cycle Im pretty sure i know how to track my temp i guess when im ready im ready its just getting frustrating cuz we have been trying for 8 months

violetgirl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I never know anymore.  I tend to get severe nausea days before my period comes.  It's mother nature's way of teasing me.  I've been pregnant twice (miscarried once), and both times I kinda sorta knew.  But I've also had the same symptoms right before AF shows up. :-(  So, I'm no longer trusting any symptoms.  The only thing I'm trusting is an HPT.

csly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM

very true just wished i was already

csly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM

has anyone had their AF normally and still be pregnant for the first month or whenever Also can you take a HPT if your on your AF and get a good reading?

comptonkids
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM

do you have the book "taking charge of your fertility"? i got the book for like $0.75 at half.com

im still reading it, but it goes into a LOT of detail about how to get to know your body...so you WILL be able to know when you are pregnant, vs AF

allyxandria
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM

omg I had to make sure I didn't write this lol I am the same way

MargotRanae
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Hmm. I noticed that my boobs were sore for a few days. Usually, prior to AF, it would only be for a a day or two and then AF started. I waited a week after my period and tested. It was positive. A family friend who is a doctor said once you test after a missed period you know. Period. Some ladies here have different experiences, but I haven't known anyone in my life who didn't know by taking a pregnancy test. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)