• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about m/c and cycles

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone had their cycles change post m/c?  I am on my first true cycle since my m/c and I can't figure out what's going on.  Before my cycles were 31-33 days long and I had a 14 day luteal phase.  This cycle I am on CD30 and 10DPO and just started spotting.  I usually spot one day before AF so I'm wondering if I have a 11 day luteal phase this cycle and if it's possible for things to change that much.  Also I'm wondering if things are just messed up still from the m/c or if my luteal phase is going to be shorter from now on.  If anyone has had a few cycles since their m/c I would appreciate some input.

Also I'm not gonna test again until next weekend.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kayteebug93
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Mine actually was right on time
Odd. Really. I had a dnc June 2nd. Usually Get around 19th of the month.. Sure enough July 18 I got af.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:14 PM

http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=ncbirdie

These are my charts.  Cycle 9 was my miscarriage.  Cycle 10 was anovulatory.  Cycle 11 had an 8 day LP.  Cycle 12 was very close to normal with an 11 day LP, but the CM was very scant (enough that I was able to notice it, but barely).  I'm on Cycle 13 right now and I'm getting ready to ovulate right now.

DaconosMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM
I'm on my 2nd cycle since my m/c. B4 I got pregnant my cycles were 30, 31, 33 n 36 than would repeat. My 1st cycle after my m/c was 34 days n I'm waitin 2 c how long this cycle is.
shivajnr
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM

After my first m/c my cycles would go 27 days 35 days 28 days 36 days and then repeat.  After my second m/c they are ALWAYS 27 days on the dot.  

MargotRanae
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Mine started on time. But, I also had D&C the same week as what would have been my period. I do notice that my periods are stronger and more cramping since my pregnancy.

JessWulf84
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for the replies ladies.  I'm still not sure which it is yet.  I'm hoping it's not AF because I have to fly tomorrow and don't want to have to deal with my period starting midway through a flight.  I'll be without internet service for a while so I'll update what happens when I get back.  Good luck to everyone!

Suz_and_Ash
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM

After my m/c and D&C it took a while for things to get even close to normal.  It is different for everyone though.

ritzbit
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM

my period resumed 27 days after my D&C.  Ovulated on day 20, with a 7 day luteal phase.  The next month, I ovulated on day 19 and got BFP on 11dpo, so I can't help you any farther than that.  I was concerned about having short luteal phases so I started taking vitamin b6.  I think the first month was just a little messed up though, which is what my doctor thought also.

Momof2Tifferz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM

im not sure anthony was my 1st and i started spotting today and its been almost two months since we lost him im not sure how our cycles are suppose to go : ( i wish i could be of more help good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)