Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about when I get a BFP

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,

I've been pregnant 3 times and all 3 times I didn't get a BFP until 4+ days past when AF should have been there.  We are trying again (for our second child) and it's that time where I think I might get a BFP but I don't.  Do you ladies think that since all 3 past pregnancies were not early to show on a HPT, that my next one will not be also?  Or is each pregnancy different in that regard as well?

Thank you!  I really don't want to waste a bunch of HPT if my body doesn't produce what it needs to early on.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shivajnr
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Each pregnancy is different, but if all 3 of your past pregnancies didnt show until after AF was due then i would wait.

violetgirl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I asked a similar question in the past (I got my BFP at 14 dpo on both my pregnancies, so does that mean if BFN at 14 dpo I'm outta luck - something like that), and people responded with "each pregnancy is different".  We're TTC our 2nd child, and I'm trying to be good and wait 'til 14 dpo.  Maybe you can buy some Dollar Tree tests to save money?

LWESTBROOKS
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:37 PM

what she said

Quoting shivajnr:

Each pregnancy is different, but if all 3 of your past pregnancies didnt show until after AF was due then i would wait.

Kiffypooh
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Quoting violetgirl:

I asked a similar question in the past (I got my BFP at 14 dpo on both my pregnancies, so does that mean if BFN at 14 dpo I'm outta luck - something like that), and people responded with "each pregnancy is different".  We're TTC our 2nd child, and I'm trying to be good and wait 'til 14 dpo.  Maybe you can buy some Dollar Tree tests to save money?

I bought 10 of them last week and I've been holding off.  I tested this morning and then thought about the question above.  I just want to know so bad, i really feel like this month is it!

Kiffypooh
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Thank you!  That's what I thought, but I was hoping someone would tell me to test tomorrow because they KNOW it will be a BFP :O)  hahaha  Thank you all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)