Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

exercise/diet ideas?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

I decided that when sept comes around and before we start TTC again in OCT i want to start a better, more healthier diet and work out routine! What works for you ladies?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilyBeansMom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

smileyashmommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I'm doing the slim fast diet right now.  I drink a shake for breakfast, eat a snack 2 hours later, then another shake for lunch, snack 2 hours later, then a real dinner, and if I haven't eaten enough calories then I'll eat a snack after dinner.  I've read it actually does more harm than good if you cut your calories below 1000 so I try to stay between 1200-1400.  I've lost 10lbs total but part of that is from being on Metformin I believe.  Good luck!

Kiffypooh
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I have been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ since December and LOVE it.  The site is very similar to this site, totally free and a great place to track calorie and learn about losing weight and being healthy.  There's even a TTC group on there of great women who are at different stages of their journey on weight loss and TTC.  

After my first MC I decided to get healthy (I weighted 250 at the time) and since then I've lost 65 lbs (35ish from Weight Watchers, the rest from MFP) and I feel pretty good.  

Great site, look me up if you decide to join, Kiffypooh 

Linzi1806
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 5:24 AM

I also use My Fitness Pal and have an app on my iphone so can chart what I eat as I go along through the day and once I reach my max caloriea (1400) I know thats it for the day. Is really useful and has most food items listed when u search so u dont have to put all the calories in yourself.  

Labellavita10
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 6:05 AM

good for you! thats awesome

Quoting Kiffypooh:

I have been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ since December and LOVE it.  The site is very similar to this site, totally free and a great place to track calorie and learn about losing weight and being healthy.  There's even a TTC group on there of great women who are at different stages of their journey on weight loss and TTC.  

After my first MC I decided to get healthy (I weighted 250 at the time) and since then I've lost 65 lbs (35ish from Weight Watchers, the rest from MFP) and I feel pretty good.  

Great site, look me up if you decide to join, Kiffypooh 

melly726
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 6:58 AM

i used sparkpeople.com. You can go on the website and track you activity and calorie intake. It was very helpful for me!! They also have info on losing weight before conceiving and nutrition during pregnancy. And its free!! I lost over 25lbs using it!!

dueoctober809
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 7:50 AM

idk i never really started an exercise routine before ttc, but i would say whatever works for you to reduce stress would be great best of luck!

dueoctober809
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 7:53 AM

oh and i say whatever helps you reduce stress because as im sure you know ttc is very stressful so you could kill two birds with one stone getting exercise to help you to get healthier and reducing the stress of ttc both of which will help conceiving a bit easier

Labellavita10
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 7:54 PM

BUMP!

Kiffypooh
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Sparkspeople and MFP are very similar, I just really like the people on MFP.  Sparkpeople have a "sister" site that is babyfit.com, same basic idea but has daily or weekly hints and such.  I know they had a weekly exercise you could do.

For me, it's a lifestyle change to be a good example for my daughter and future child and to be as healthy as possible though my next pregnancy.  I also LOVE to walk, lost 30 lbs strictly training to walk a half marathon and making healthy food choices.

Quoting melly726:

i used sparkpeople.com. You can go on the website and track you activity and calorie intake. It was very helpful for me!! They also have info on losing weight before conceiving and nutrition during pregnancy. And its free!! I lost over 25lbs using it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)