Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Please help!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had a Miscarriage and a D&C in June. It has been about 9 weeks since my D&C. AF showed up this morning so now we can offically ttc again! I have a question though. When I got pregnant in April I was on my 3rd round of clomid. At my post op appointment my dr gave me another perscription for clomid so I would have it when my cycle started again. So my question is should I start the clomid this month or should I wait one more cycle and take it next month? I am terrified that I am going to have another MC. Should I let my body have some more time or should I take the clomid? What would you do?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bren07
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM

if ur doc told u to wait two full cycles before starting TTC again then i would wait till nxt cycle. but if ur doc didnt tell u to wait then id go for it..

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:52 AM

i'd wait a cycle, and just bd every other day as soon as your period ends!!! you never know!! don't even chart! just bd every other day! (i'd advise you not to miss a day..) if it doesn't work then, that's when i'd do the clomid.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM

i had a d & c march 20th of last year, conceived may 14th or so.. probably more like the 15 or 16th. anyway, i had one period, which was on April 30th, 2009. That's the first day of my ds's gestation. He is now a happy and healthy 6month old (almost 7 on the 1st) little boy!!

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM

When I had both of my miscarriages my doctor told me that I had to wait until I had 2 normal cycles before I can try again to avoid any possible infection the first baby could have caused to be transfered to the new baby. Also your body can be more prepared for a new pregnancy. Good luck to you. Also, I have been hearing a lot about this clomid on here but I don't know what that is, can I ask what that is?

sparkina13
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Wow I never even thought that was a possibility for the first baby to pass an infection to the new baby. Clomid is a medicine that helps women ovulate. 

Quoting ashwa:

When I had both of my miscarriages my doctor told me that I had to wait until I had 2 normal cycles before I can try again to avoid any possible infection the first baby could have caused to be transfered to the new baby. Also your body can be more prepared for a new pregnancy. Good luck to you. Also, I have been hearing a lot about this clomid on here but I don't know what that is, can I ask what that is?

LilyBeansMom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM

My doctor asked me to wait just one cycle after my m/c and I think that's pretty typical for an early miscarriage.  I know now that it was best for me that I didn't get pregnant again immediately because I really needed that time to get healthier emotionally.  If you're totally focused on your fear then maybe another month would be better.

Just something to think about.  I'm sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do!

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:30 PM

oh, ok. thanks. 

Quoting sparkina13:

Wow I never even thought that was a possibility for the first baby to pass an infection to the new baby. Clomid is a medicine that helps women ovulate. 

Quoting ashwa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)