Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just thought of something...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
Does anyone know if it matters whether you take a bath or shower while ttc? I'm a bath lover. I take HOT baths. I just started wondering if that could be affecting our ability to conceive. What are your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashwa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I have no clue how it is while TTC but I know when you are preg, they say it's like hard boiling an egg so I'm afraid to take a hot one when TTC. Good luck to you.

CowgirlMama0508
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:08 AM

I took HOT baths when I was pregnant with both my girls...it was the only back pain relief I got and they are perfectly fine lol...I think it depends on who you ask.......I dont see how it would affect your TTC journey...though Ive never researched to see...hmmmm google here I come...good question!! Good luck!!

mom2nella
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I would say it's fine for you but probably not so good for hubby!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Hey,

I would stay away from baths while you are ovulating and BDing for that purpose because it really effects the Ph of your CM.  It would make the environment in there not good for the spermies.

The only caution I would have for during hte 2ww is infection.  I woudn't do it often, but certailny a few night to relax doesn't sound too bad :)

Good luck!

olivejuicebby
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

BUMP!

SachaN
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Thanks!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hzunker78
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Good question!!  I've only heard no hot tubs when your pregnant or for men when your ttc.  I would like to know if you can take baths though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)