Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't know I was pregnant!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM
  • 37 Replies

So I thought I would just take our brains away from our own TTC stories and ask if any of you ladies happen to watch I didn't know I was pregnant. I have watched a couple of episodes and am shocked by how many women can go the whole nine months without knowing they are with child.  I only ask because the episode that came on today a woman suffered from ovarian cysts and thought she couldn't have children. Needless to say she got pregnant and was in pain. Her mother is a nurse and checked her blood pressure because she noticed her feet were swollen and it was high. This woman clearly ignored all the signs of a possible pregnancy. Her husband went on a business trip and what she thought was a cysts passing was actually her baby. She gave birth on the b-room floor and didn't even call 911 or her fam. The next day she called her hubby and said she had a surprise for him but still did not go to the hospital. How could this lady give birth and not go to the hospital right away? She went like three or four days later. WTF I would have ran for the phone as soon as the baby came out. She smoked one pack a day so who knows what damage she could have done. That was the most shocking episode I watched. My question to you ladies is have you ever had a female friend or relative that has been pregnant the whole nine months and not known?

confused

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hales17momo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Oh my gosh I totally saw that episode...she was crazy! The first thing I would have done is picked up the baby and called 911! Her husband even knew she went off the deep end! LOL...I guess it can happen. I have a friend who got pregnant when she was a teenager...she knew she was pregnant but none of us did. One day she came out of the bath room and told her mom that her water broke....WHAT!!! LOL...needless to say we were all shocked. SO I guess if we didn't notice a woman who is not in tune with her body might not either!?!

butterfly545
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM

yeah i seen that show i just dont understand either how they dont know they are pregnant. 

MissMel82680
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Never known anyone, but I have to say that episode kinda creeped me out!  I can't fatham giving birth to a baby or any woman doing so and just getting up all ho hum and continuing about your business and "spending time" with the baby... under thos specific circumstances!!   I would have reacted the same way her husband did maybe even gone so far as a dna test to confirm baby belonged to BOTH of them... really scary stuff ... JMO

fallmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I watched that show today also, and i could not believe that woman! How could you just deliver your own baby in your bathroom and just go on about your day? I would have been hysterical and called for an ambulance as soon as i was able to get up. That is crazy!!

ritzbit
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I don't know anyone personally, but one of my dad's employees and his wife had a baby and didn't know.  He said she was obese, so that could have contributed to not knowing.  I don't understand how you couldn't know.  The baby moves a bunch!!  I can understand not having symptoms or still having periods, but boy, when I got to 8-9 months, my babies were all over the place!

candcsmom2008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I had not seen that one.. Wow.. I have not known anyone who did not know or suspect they were PG then given birth.. BUT I do have a GF that could not get a + pg test even in the delivery room her mom being a nurse took a urine test and still - but she has her daughter now.. So I could see thinking you were pg and it being told to you so many times that you are not that you just think it is your imagination..

TheMillerFamily
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Yeah I saw that episode I was screaming at the Yvonne, hubby thought I was going crazy!
I didn't know I was pregnant with my son until a friend made me test. She said she just knew (she always seems to know when one of her friends is preggo before they themselves do) but I would have know when I started to show! Other then the obvious belly and baby kicks I never had any symptoms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amari06
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Quoting ritzbit:

I don't know anyone personally, but one of my dad's employees and his wife had a baby and didn't know.  He said she was obese, so that could have contributed to not knowing.  I don't understand how you couldn't know.  The baby moves a bunch!!  I can understand not having symptoms or still having periods, but boy, when I got to 8-9 months, my babies were all over the place!

They say women who are over weight/obese tend to carry more fat cells in their abdomen so they may not feel the baby kick. Maybe they think it's gas lol idk it's still nuts!!  

Armywife0803
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:49 PM

My best friend went 5 1/2 months without knowing she was pregnant. She was a very active person and frequently would go without periods so it didnt phase her when one didnt show up. She was in a volleyball tournament and played softball and everything without knowing. Then she went to her doctor for a regular check up and the doctor was like um yeah your preggo, she was just huh well how bout that, and that was that. She didnt even gain weight because she was so active. After she found out and quit her sports and stuff is when she started showing.

maggonz9
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:58 PM

wow!  Havent seen that one.  Sounds disturbing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)