Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I made an appt

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

To see my RE Doctor, and do something about my PCOS & TTC. My son will be 4 on Halloween, and it breaks my heart every time he plays by himself & says he's lonely. When I TTC the first time is was purely selfish, because I wanted a child. Now watching my child when he sees other kids playing together, and seeing him upset because he has no brother/sister to play with... It just really makes me feel obligated to help my son. Of course I would have loved to have 4 or more kids, but it isn't going to happen for me. I am honestly OK with one miracle in my life, but now I feel so selfish. I was panicking at 30 because I didn't have any children yet, now at almost 36....I'm freaking out. I feel like time is not my friend?? I feel like I'm not really a woman if I cannot get pregnant again, I don't want him to suffer as a only child. I guess I just have to do what I can, any advice?

My name is Stacey , I am 35. Mother to my Miracle PCOS son Shawn JR ,  Still in love with Shawn Sr. after 17 years , Licensed Cosmetologist , Notary & Property and Casualty Agent , Scorpio , Honest , Loving , Genuine.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gr8momto4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I have PCOS and my Dr. put me on 1500mg of Metformin, she said it can help. I have Clomid waiting for me if/when AF shows. Have you tried Metformin? Also, Provera can induce your period then you can start Clomid after that. Whatever you do, tell your Dr you've been TTC for over a year, otherwise she'll say "lets try this first" and won't really give you meds to help you. Good luck!

ShawnsMom31
by Stacey on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I have seen this Doct previously, he diagnosed me with PCOS about 10 years ago. I have regular periods and have for about five years, but I am obviously not ovulating or have not so good eggs now. I was given Clomid when I first went to see him & I think I took it a few months, and it did absolutely nothing & I stopped taking it. I have never taken anything else, so I really have no idea what he will do for me. Just b4 I got pregnant with my son he suggested doing Gonal shots, but I could not afford them......thankfully I got pregnant on my own. Just is not happening this time. Thanks for the advice.

Quoting gr8momto4:

I have PCOS and my Dr. put me on 1500mg of Metformin, she said it can help. I have Clomid waiting for me if/when AF shows. Have you tried Metformin? Also, Provera can induce your period then you can start Clomid after that. Whatever you do, tell your Dr you've been TTC for over a year, otherwise she'll say "lets try this first" and won't really give you meds to help you. Good luck!

My name is Stacey , I am 35. Mother to my Miracle PCOS son Shawn JR ,  Still in love with Shawn Sr. after 17 years , Licensed Cosmetologist , Notary & Property and Casualty Agent , Scorpio , Honest , Loving , Genuine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)