Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an OPK question

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

although I am not neccesarily going to actively try i want to do an OPK to see if I am ovulating or possibly ovulating. So does anyone know when to start using them? I have one that is 20 days but I don't want to start to soon since my cycle has been out of whack

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissMel82680
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Most places will say to start using opks on CD 10

hales17momo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Quoting MissMel82680:

Most places will say to start using opks on CD 10

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM

ive heard cd 10 but I have also heard the best way it 2 times a day do not use them in the morning. that is the WRONG time to use them. so before noon and about 10 pm is good and if u just do once a day noon is a good time. I am glad I started to use them right after my period cuz the first time 1 day after my period i got a + and the next time was that next week. So I just buy them cheap online and it's no big deal to use them a lot.

jenniferw10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Usually a woman will ovulate 14 days prior to the start of your next cycle so if you cycle is 28 days then you might ovulate on cd14 so I would start the OPK testing on CD8 to ensure you dont miss it since you have a 20 pack of tests. Good Luck!!

heather406
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:07 PM

I kind of do things odd, lol.  I use them at the first sign of ovulation.  For me it will either be EWCM or cramping (SEVERE cramping, IMC).  Usually those 2 things scream O time is coming for me.  Then I wait until that evening to take the OPK and usually nail it dead-on.  Only one month I was off, and by a week! :P  GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)