Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chart Question!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30b55c

Ok, my question is---I have a high spike today..I know it wont hold until 3 consecutive days....but could I have O'ed yesterday even with a -OPK??

Thanks!!!

Tasha (22) & Wacey (25) Married the love of my life on 4/5/2005
Loving mommy to Kylee (4) & Madison (2) TTC#3 Hoping for a BOY!!!
~*~*~*Lovin my life as a OILFIELD WIFE~*~*~*
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Laylalover
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Well I'm no expert as this is my 1st month charting myself, but you had a huge temp drop and then it spiked which I have heard that when your temp drops, it's possibly your O day, and especially if it spikes and stays high for at least 3 days. And from what i know, yes you could get a - OPK and O that day because OPK's only predict Ovulation is going to occur within 12-36 hours. So it wouldn't be + on O day anyways.

ncbirdie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Actually, I don't see a spike in there at all.  I see a temp drop, but the temp for today is at the same level as the previous days.  Unless it's above the other temps for the past week, it's not a shift.

jenniferw10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:19 PM

It is possible that you did Ovulate as you might not see the positive on the OPK until tomorrow due to ovulation occuring 24-48 hours after positive OPK (according to the guides). Wait to see your temp tomorrow and you did mark down that you got "watery CM" which is fertile and a good sign. Good Luck!

CowgirlMama0508
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:41 PM

BUMP!

violetgirl
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I agree that I don't really see a spike.  With the exception of yesterday's temperature dip, your temp today looks the same as the other days.  It does not look like you ovulated.  To answer your question, it is possible to have O'ed even with a -OPK, if, for example, you had a really short LH surge.  A temperature shift would show that.  Keep testing, keep BD'ing, and good luck!

mommy0708toJC
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I'd say if it stays up above your cover line for the next 72hrs you'll ovulate but from what I'm seeing I dont know for sure without all the temps. I just BD as much as i can get in and go back over the month at the end of the month. I dont use OPK's so i dont know much about them.

CowgirlMama0508
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I wish I could be BDing lol...my husband is at work 810miles away lol...I had planned on going up there next week, but if I get a +opk then i will leave right then lol...I wish i could afford to just go up there now and stay til next friday, im sure I would catch it then LOL...Good luck to all of you and thanks so much for the replies...

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Hey,

I don't think you have O'd yet as your temps aren't really above your pre-O temps yet.  You should see a definite shift of temps.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)