Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Provera & Clomid

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi all!! I haven't been on here in a while, so here's a little background. My hubby & I had our daughter December 2008. We have been TTC since she was about 6-7 months old -- we wanted our children close in age. This past February I was diagnosed with PCOS. After I had my daughter, I only had one, maybe two periods. This year, I've only had one. I went to my OB yesterday and she prescribed Provera to start my periods and then Clomid. 

I'm wondering about everyone's stories while taking one or both of these meds. Any insight will be helpful. I'm starting Provera tonight, btw. 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DessC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I too was diagnosed with PCOS, back in june of this year. I was given provera in July to start my period and Clomid 5 days later 50mg. I am now 6weeks pregnant. Good Luck!

mama2be1208
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Aww!!! Congrats!! :) I REALLY hope it works that fas for me! lol 

collegemom1007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM
I didn't have provera but I'm 3 weeks and 3 days pregnant on my first round of clomid 50mg days 5-9. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2be1208
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Congrats! 

I know this can take time with some people, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. I literally just took my first dose of provera....I'll keep everyone updated. :)

jenniferw10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Welcome back to the group and Good Luck on your journey of TTC#2.

mama2be1208
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Thank you! I'm super excited.

mom2nella
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I have had two babies with the help of Clomid. I got pregnant the second month with my first and 5th month with my second. If you haven't had sympthems of PCOS for a long time, then it'll most likely be fairly quick. I am starting my very first round of Clomid tomorrow for baby #3. Give your husband a little warning when taking clomid, I become sooooo moody in those few days, my husband keeps away... LOL. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

EthansMomma129
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I havnt been diganosed with PCOS but its something Ive thought about. Ive taken Provera to jumpstart a cycle since I would randomly skip like 2-4 months without a period. I took Clomid in July because we believed I was not ovulating. I did get pregnant that month, it mademy ovaries hurt pretty bad. I did miscarry though, I dont think that had anything to do with the Clomid though. It was the first time I was able to get pregnant in the two years we've been trying so after this cycle, if im not pregnant, then i plan on trying again with the clomid.

mama2be1208
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Quoting mom2nella:

I have had two babies with the help of Clomid. I got pregnant the second month with my first and 5th month with my second. If you haven't had sympthems of PCOS for a long time, then it'll most likely be fairly quick. I am starting my very first round of Clomid tomorrow for baby #3. Give your husband a little warning when taking clomid, I become sooooo moody in those few days, my husband keeps away... LOL. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

LOL thanks...I'll let him know. I'm sure he'll keep away also. haha!

mama2be1208
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Quoting EthansMomma129:

I havnt been diganosed with PCOS but its something Ive thought about. Ive taken Provera to jumpstart a cycle since I would randomly skip like 2-4 months without a period. I took Clomid in July because we believed I was not ovulating. I did get pregnant that month, it mademy ovaries hurt pretty bad. I did miscarry though, I dont think that had anything to do with the Clomid though. It was the first time I was able to get pregnant in the two years we've been trying so after this cycle, if im not pregnant, then i plan on trying again with the clomid.

GL to you!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)