How to increase progesterone ..(helps to prevent MC)
Foods That Naturally Increase Progesterone
Very few foods contain hormone compounds that are bioidentical to human progesterone. However, many women have successfully overcome fertility problems, high-risk pregnancy, and hormonal imbalances like polycystic ovarian disease using foods that naturally increase progesterone levels.
- Wild yam is famous for containing hormone-like compounds that are very similar to progesterone, and it may encourage the body's own production of the hormone. Bear in mind that the sweet potato, a different vegetable, does not contain these compounds. In the United States, soft sweet potatoes are typically labeled as yams; the government does require the label to also say sweet potato, so read carefully.
- Egg yolks and dairy products both contain respectable amounts of true progesterone, but it is not known how directly they interact with the human body's own progesterone stores.
- Walnuts, whole grains, fortified cereals, and soy milk all contain large amounts of vitamin B-6, which may be essential for maintaining ideal estrogen-progesterone balance.
- Zinc is thought to be essential to producing adequate levels of progesterone, so high-zinc foods like red meat, shellfish, chicken and turkey can all increase progesterone levels.
- Turmeric, found in curry, can increase the body's progesterone levels, as can thyme and oregano. Including one of these in every meal may help to maintain good hormone balance.
Foods with Vitamin B-6
Foods Containing Zinc
Read more: Foods That Naturally Increase Progesterone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5008973_foods-naturally-increase-progesterone.html#ixzz0yxUoWO4p
Love, Tiffany (mommyof3yippey), mommy of three little ones, a Christian, homeschooling, SAHM, FINALLY preggo with number 5, Into Natural things and healthy living, very happily married to an officer and owner of two groups BIG Christian Family and getting BIGGER and Christian Moms TTC Naturally and Pregnant :)