Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

41 year old wants to fall pregnant...crazy???

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hi all! I'm new around here and would like to hear from anyone over 40 who has managed to fall pregnant naturally. Also, all advice welcome!

by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
73angel
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM

My sister had her last baby at 40. They were not planning it it just happened and everything went well. (She did have GD, but it runs in our family and she had it all 4 time she was pregnant.)

LaceyLovesMacey
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I would deff not want to have any if I was over 40! My mom is 42 and has a 9yr old and she loves him but she is so tired. My poor brother doesnt get near as much as my sister & I did when it comes to just about everything. (I'm 23, 24 in Jan)

But that is my own personal experience. My mom was already almost done raising my sister, and I, and she started all over. She didn't realise how hard it was going to be, but deff wouldnt take it back. We love my brother, but it's been really hard for him basically being an only child.

Darlah
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Turned 40 in December...got pregnant in February after one month TTC naturally. M/C in April. Still TTC after waiting one cycle so...we'll see.

CafeMom Tickers
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:53 AM

my mom is 40 and just had a baby this april. when you said fall pregnant, i thought you meant like fall down to have the baby. i was  about to become opinionated. lol!

RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Hi!  I just wanted to say welcome to the group and good luck on your ttc journey!  My MIL got pregnant naturally when she was 40 or 41.  She had even been told previously she could never have another baby so I believe it can happen for anyone!

TerriB0311
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Good luck!  No age is too old when you want to have a child.  I hope it happens for you!

bbmkfo03
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Welcome to the group! A good friend of mine had her 1st (and only) baby at 41 and she now has a very healthy (and brillant) 5 year old girl. I wish you good luck in your TTC journey! Baby dust!

ritzbit
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Quoting LaceyLovesMacey:

I would deff not want to have any if I was over 40! My mom is 42 and has a 9yr old and she loves him but she is so tired. My poor brother doesnt get near as much as my sister & I did when it comes to just about everything. (I'm 23, 24 in Jan)

But that is my own personal experience. My mom was already almost done raising my sister, and I, and she started all over. She didn't realise how hard it was going to be, but deff wouldnt take it back. We love my brother, but it's been really hard for him basically being an only child.

this sounds like my situation.  I'm 32 and have two girls who are 8 and 6.  I am pregnant with my third.  So there will be a 6 1/2 year difference.  I'll be in my 40's when this child is hitting 10 too! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Home Childcare Providers
http://www.cafemom.com/group/familychildcare
candlelight777
by Member on Sep. 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM
My MIL had her second child at 43, 21 years after she had her first. That was in 1991.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceyLovesMacey
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Quoting ritzbit:

Quoting LaceyLovesMacey:

this sounds like my situation.  I'm 32 and have two girls who are 8 and 6.  I am pregnant with my third.  So there will be a 6 1/2 year difference.  I'll be in my 40's when this child is hitting 10 too! 

Aww, well congratulations! I don't think a 6.5yr difference is bad at all! If I get pregnant anytime soon mine would be a little over 4yrs apart. (have an almost 3.5yr old) I am 14yrs older then my brother. I was already old enought to babysit him when he was born, but really didn't start watching him until I was 15. It was good that I saw how much work caring for a child was, or else I prob would have been pregnant before 19, (having a baby at 20). lol (yes it was planned)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN