Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sperm count...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM
  • 5 Replies
Okay..should u only BD on ur ovulation days? I wasn't sure if my DH's sperm count would lower if we BD just whenever as well...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommyof3yippey
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Men make on average twenth thousand of them a minute..I think it's ok to BD as much as you want IF his levels are in normal range...I think the men with LOW counts are told to abstain for a bit to let them build up..but I am not 100% sure!

1TimeMomma28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 AM

They say you should bd everyother day, and that bd everyday would lower the sprem count...

LoveMyKids1984
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Thats what I heard too

Quoting 1TimeMomma28:

They say you should bd everyother day, and that bd everyday would lower the sprem count...

Lipali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Hi, after 7 months of trying, we saw our Doc and he gave us very simple advice.  Because I had been charting, and using opk's I knew exactly when I was ovulating (CD12, I have a 26 days cycle).  He said to hold off sex from CD 7 till CD9, and start bedding CD10 everyday right through ovulation.  We conceived that month but unfortunately lost our angel to an ectopic.  So you can try that method and if it does not work for a couple of months, then do the alternating method (sex every other day).

biancalina20
by Bianca on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:41 AM

You should BD every other day... but the most important days are 3 days before ovulation, the day of ovulation and the day after..... GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)