Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posterior cervix.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have a posterior cervix and with my son, but l&d was very rough. I was just reading something online saying that having a posterior cervix can complicate your chances of conceiving. Is this true? Has anyone had difficulty with this? I have conceived 2 times before and one ended it miscarriage. I was wondering if I was just lucky to be able to get pregnant and carry my son? My ob/gyn didn't answer any of my questions and just brushed me off. I'm currently looking for a new one. The one I like just stopped her practice to stay at home with her two bundles of joy. I've been trying to find my cervix so I can get to know my body and be a little more in touch with my ovulation, but it's so hard to find and hurts really bad. It always seems oh so high up, and hurts really bad when I try and find it. Is this normal? Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kristenn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I've been told I have a "tilted" uterus and I am not sure if that would be considered the same thing, but if it is, yes it is supposed to be more challenging to conceive.  Although, I was able to get pregnant with my son and carry him to term fairly easy.  We shall see with the next one, this is our first month TTC #2.  You are doing the right thing by finding an OBGYN that will listen to you - SO important!  Sorry I can't be of more help...here is a BUMP to see if someone else can be!

kyleighsmama07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM

i have a posterior cervix as well. they say it can be more difficult because of the angle. but if you stick with doggy for finishing it helps put the penis head right there at the opening with the angle. i have two kids and am pregnant with my third so it is possible!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
LilyBeansMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I also have a tilted uterus and am pregnant with my 2nd.  So it happens!

Kristenn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:22 PM

When you are making love, does it ever seem to hurt because of your posterior cervix? When my husband goes in " to deep" on accident, it hurts. Also, I will try doggy style. We normally avoid that position as it seems to hurt pretty bad. I am not sure why, but ever since I gave birth to my son, almost 3 years ago, it seems to hurt.

Quoting kyleighsmama07:

i have a posterior cervix as well. they say it can be more difficult because of the angle. but if you stick with doggy for finishing it helps put the penis head right there at the opening with the angle. i have two kids and am pregnant with my third so it is possible!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Hey,

I would definitely talk to another doctor about what's going on with your cervix.  I don't think it would hurt your chances of getting pregnant per se, unless there is some physical barrier keeping the sperm out, but I would be concerned about the competency of your cervix throughout a pregnancy.  You said you didn't have many complications with your first child, which is a good sign.  I have personally never had this issue, nor have I heard of it.  I really hope you get the answers you need from a doctor who will answer your questions.

Good luck!

Kristenn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM
I had a lot of swelling and high blood pressure during my pregnancy, and my labor and delivery was horrid. But, I got pregnant very quickly.

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

I would definitely talk to another doctor about what's going on with your cervix.  I don't think it would hurt your chances of getting pregnant per se, unless there is some physical barrier keeping the sperm out, but I would be concerned about the competency of your cervix throughout a pregnancy.  You said you didn't have many complications with your first child, which is a good sign.  I have personally never had this issue, nor have I heard of it.  I really hope you get the answers you need from a doctor who will answer your questions.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)