Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OB Appointment

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello ladies!

I received my BFP by HPT on Sunday and was confirmed at doctor's yesterday. I have made my choice on who will be my OB doctor, but should I wait to make the appointment or when is the best time to go and see OB?? I dont know if I need to wait til I am at least 8 weeks or what??

Any suggestions??

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I would call your OB and let them know you got a positive HPT.  They will let you know when your first appt. should be.  I think with my first child, my appt. was at 8-10 weeks(from my LMP).  Congrats!!!

1TimeMomma28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

You should call them they have an idea of when to see you

Congrats and good sticky baby dust luck!

FLAngel981
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I would call now and so that your appointment is available to you. The OB should be able to give you the information you need so that you and the office can go ahead and schedule your appointment for the future. Good luck! And congrats!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare." - Ed Asner

ncbirdie

I would call right away and schedule an appointment.  However, I'm a little curious (and please don't take this the wrong way), but would your pregnancy be considered medium or high risk?  If not, then why would you automatically see a surgeon for your care?

Kellz002

Thanks girls!!

I've been experencing a little cramping today, do you know if that is normal this soon??

1TimeMomma28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I was wondering the same, but didn't want to say anything...lol

Quoting ncbirdie:

I would call right away and schedule an appointment.  However, I'm a little curious (and please don't take this the wrong way), but would your pregnancy be considered medium or high risk?  If not, then why would you automatically see a surgeon for your care?

in loveangel miniWife to Wayne (Feb 74) mother to Michael (RIP lil man gone but not forgotten!) TTC #2

ncbirdie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Cramping in early pregnancy is very normal.

newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting Kellz002:

Thanks girls!!

I've been experencing a little cramping today, do you know if that is normal this soon??

I had cramping around 4-5 weeks and I thought for sure AF was coming...Lol  Is this your first child?  It is quite common to have mild cramping in the beginning. 

Kellz002
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM

No medium or high risk pregnancy...I was just saying OBGYN in general...guess I should specific!

Kellz002
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM

specify***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)