Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soy Isoflavone Questionnaire

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am curious about soy isoflavones and have thought on and off about trying them.  I am a little nervous though about trying anything new and have heard it is kind of like a natural form of clomid. 

How many months have you tried soy isoflavones?

What cycle days did you take soy isoflavones on?

If you have gotten pregnant with them did you have a singleton or multiples pregnancy?

Did you have side effects?  If so, what were they?

Is there anything else you think anyone considering soy isoflavones should know?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I have never tried it, but here's a bump.

LOVELYMOMMY32
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM

BUMP!

RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM

BUMP!

RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM

BUMP!

inkedfirecracke
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM
I took soy iso just this last cycle. I'm on CD16 now. I took it CD's 3-7. The ones I have are 50mg, the first 2 days I took 100mg, 3rd and 4th days I took 150mg and the 5th day I took 200mg. The only "side effects" I might have possibly had were some strange vivid dreams. But I posted a question on here about it and no one seemed to have that effect, so I don't know.

I've read that if you KNOW you ovulate, you should be VERY careful as it may screw up your cycles and stop ovulation. I have PCOS, so I don't ovulate at all. But I've been taking opk's and a lot of them have been positive, which is confusing because it's been quite a few days and they're STILL positive!

Hope I helped a little! <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Thank you!  I did some more reading on it and some of the sites said it can screw up your cycle but if you only take it 5 days it should be ok.  Also to avoid a lot of other soy in your diet.  I really don't intake a lot of soy though.  I'm always nervous about trying something new!

Quoting inkedfirecracke:

I took soy iso just this last cycle. I'm on CD16 now. I took it CD's 3-7. The ones I have are 50mg, the first 2 days I took 100mg, 3rd and 4th days I took 150mg and the 5th day I took 200mg. The only "side effects" I might have possibly had were some strange vivid dreams. But I posted a question on here about it and no one seemed to have that effect, so I don't know.

I've read that if you KNOW you ovulate, you should be VERY careful as it may screw up your cycles and stop ovulation. I have PCOS, so I don't ovulate at all. But I've been taking opk's and a lot of them have been positive, which is confusing because it's been quite a few days and they're STILL positive!

Hope I helped a little! <3

Moomoo76
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I had been taking 80mg of soy isoflavones for about a year, i had a miscarriage in jan 2010 and i am 5 weeks pregnant now. I took them from cd5-9 and got alot of ewcm and always o'd. I have never had any side effects.

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)