Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: What is everyone being for Halloween?!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

Little off topic, but the fall weather really gets me in the mood for Halloween! What is everyone (including kiddos and furry friends) being for Halloween this year? Any special plans for pumpkin picking, or other fall oriented activities? Any traditions? Spill your beans! ;)

For us, we just went to the apple orchard the other day, it was FUN! We got yummy apples, and fresh cider! I am reserching different pumpkin patches to go to, I would like to go to one with a horse drawn hay ride and a pick your own pumpkin from the patch deal =] I cant wait. We love carving and decorating. Hubbys birthday is on halloween, so its always extra fun! Instead of a cake, we always make pumpkin pies, which I think I may make one possibly tomorrow, just because I'm craving it! haha! For costumes, I haven't the slightest what hubby and I are being, but the boys; Austin 3 1/2 is being a giraffe (old navy) and Jayden (13 months) is being a tiger (old navy) they are SO CUTE. I have to get old navys every year, they are so warm and cute =] I can't wait to "check" all the candy...hehe!! YUM!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

My daughter is going to be a cheerleader!  I can't wait I am so excited!  We love Halloween.  I am taking my daughter to an apple orchard this Saturday with some family but hubby has to work.  On one of hubby's days off though we are going to take a family trip to a pumpkin farm.  I love all the fall festivities and the nice comfortable weather after summer! 

Mommy4Life86
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Aww how cute!! You sound just like me! lol I love the cooler weather, although sometimes it gets pretty chilly, I am in Ohio...I enjoy jeans and hoodie weather for sure!! I cant wait to see pics of all the little ones!!

RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Yeah I'm in Iowa and it gets chilly here too but I love the hoodie weather also!  I forgot to add I love burning candles that smell like cinnamon, apple cider, and other spices this time of year!

Quoting Mommy4Life86:

Aww how cute!! You sound just like me! lol I love the cooler weather, although sometimes it gets pretty chilly, I am in Ohio...I enjoy jeans and hoodie weather for sure!! I cant wait to see pics of all the little ones!!

izzysmom1009
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Bella is going to be toodee from yo gabba gabba!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKids1984
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Ayden (6yr old) doesn't know what he wants to be yet, Quinn (5yr old) is going to be Wolverine, and Spencer(4yr old) is going to be Batman. DH and I don't dress up. I'm looking forward to going to the pumpkin patch in a couple weeks. We always have a blast there. The kids love the "pumpkin eating dino" at the pumpkin patch. I love the sweatshirt weather and changing leaves. Fall is a good time.

mswaz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

My son was supposed to be a giraffe and I went to try the costume that I bought last year on and it doesn't fit.. the size says 12-24 months and my son is 14 months old... He was way to tall for it.. So we setted on a dragon costume from old navy..

LissaJ83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

My DD is going to be minnie mouse.

Mipsy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I am going to be Poison Ivy, DH is going to be The Riddler, and our son is going to be Batman! HAHHAAHAHA!

thetammy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

lol mips. too cute. 

i have no idea what any of us are going to be.

newmommy031309
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Quoting LissaJ83:

My DD is going to be minnie mouse.

lol thats exactly what my dd is going to be. she is 18 months old and just loves mickey mouse so since she is a girl and can't really be mickey she gets to be minnie...lol...i can't wait i love the fall...hoodie weather is by far the best..lol

]
ttc#2

in loveamber -n- daniel 2-21-09     toddler girlkinsey 3-13-09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)