• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I finally took my 1st OPK test.... HELP!!! Pic included!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok I finally bought a pack of Opts today for the first time! and well I'm not sure how to interpet it!!!

To me, it just looks slighty lighter than the control... does that mean its almost gonna be pos like in the next day or so????? any help would be great!! TIA and baby dust to all!!

sorry its a bit blurry.... I took the pic with the laptop cam!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM

It looks like it is still a little lighter.  Most likely you will get a positive in the next day or two.  Good luck and lots of baby dust!

Live4AutumnRose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM

What CD are you on?

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM

for OPK's the test line has to b as dark or darker than the control to b pos. that is not post yet..just keep testing..
oh and read this is is helpful-
http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

eta-oh also u may get ur pos in the nxt few days or it could start to fade and then get darker again till its pos. it all kind depends on what CD you are when u started testing and what CD u should O..

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Lindyjf
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Mine never really got darker than the control line, but it was close.  I use charting with the OPKs which helps.  Usually the darkest OPK corresponds with the day before my ovulation dip.

Good luck!

baby dust

Oh and don't wait to BD... start now!!!!  :D

MomInLove4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Yep in anytime now hun....HAPPY ttcbaby dust

biancalina20
by Bianca on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:41 PM
I'm on cd 10!!!

Quoting Live4AutumnRose:

What CD are you on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceyLovesMacey
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Here is mine from earlier today. Only 3 ladies responded but they all said its deff a positive! Good luck & sticky baby dust to you & me!! & everyone else! =)

TTC # 2!! Hoping for a baby boy!

pnut1027
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM

It's not + yet but it maybe in the next few days. The test line usually gets dark just like the control line.  Good luck to you & lots of baby dust

biancalina20
by Bianca on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Awww thanks guys... well hopefully it will get darker in the next few days because im on cd 10 now and took clomid this cycle so i pray it works!!

jenniferw10
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

The test line isnt dark enough yet but keep testing and start BDing. GL!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)