Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy test question...just curious

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

Today is the day I am expecting AF and she has still not arrived (which is unusual) however the day isn't over yet...I took a PG test this morn with FMU and as the blue moved across the screen it showed negative...I was in a hurry and with my other three there was no waiting so I just tossed it in the trash, got ready and left for school.  I usually wait these things out, but I had somewhere to be...so this afternoon I pulled it out of the trash and checked it (because I do that) and it was positive, but I have NO idea when that happened...did it happen in the first two minutes (how long you are supposed to wait to check) or is it just the test.  I had also taken one yesterday afternoon and it was negative...it was from the same box and it still says negative.  I know, I know...just test again, but I am out of tests and will be waiting until tomorrow to head to the store...just wondering if this is something that happens often or if anyone has experienced it.  Thanks

Just because you have the RIGHT to do something, doesn't make it RIGHT to do.

Beauty is beauty, now matter what size or shape it may come it...Brooke Elliott

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:26 PM

i dont trust blue dye, they are bad for evap and false pos..i would get a pink dye and retest in the AM..gl..

leeloo11400
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Thank you for the advice I will do that.  :)

Mygirlszas
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Somtimes if you waite too long a faint positive line can show up after 10 min. or so, but its usually only faint! But really If you AF never came it probably is BFP......I hope so :) Baby dust to you!baby dust

leeloo11400
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Thanks so much!!!

Just because you have the RIGHT to do something, doesn't make it RIGHT to do.

Beauty is beauty, now matter what size or shape it may come it...Brooke Elliott

TexasMommy0209
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Ive hear blue dye isnt always correct.. but Ive never had a bad experience with it. As long as AF hasnt shown yet... I would personally count it as a bfp! But me...id still test again when ya can. Good luck hun! Baby bust!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetammy
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM

well normally the results come up in 3-10 minutes. i would test again in the am. good luck to you! i havent had any problems with the blue dye tests either, but a lot of people in here seem to get false positives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)