Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOOB question. TMI, gross, and weird.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay ladies.. I have a question. Right now I do not have medical insurance so I can't go to a doctor unless I know this is a serious issue. Here goes.

First of all, I haven't had a period this month. My last period was around August 15th. My cycles usually are around 33 days long. DH and I quit trying to conceive in July because of the military and them advising us to not get pregnant until after he finishes basic. Anywho. 3 days ago I had just got out of the shower and noticed that I was lactating from my left boob. It was dripping and it looked like colostrum. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with my son. But the more it dripped, it started to become green. And it has continued to be green since then. It doesn't have an odor at all but it looks like puss. My right boob is leaking a whitish milk like liquid, just like breast milk, but my left boob is leaking green crap. 

They don't hurt now and I got a BFN yesterday. I've looked it up and WebMD says it could be mastitis or breast cancer. But I'm wondering if I just took a pg test too early? 

Anything like this happen to any of you?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XMaybebabyX
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM

BUMP!

Mygirlszas
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Yes it has happened to me only on the left side and it even had some blood in it! But I went and had a mamogram n sonogram everything was fine! They said hormones couldve been to blame , I breast fed my DD for 17 months and it was 6 months after that it had happened to me. I was scared but it isnt abnormal they see it alot. But it def. should be checked out! It could be a small infection! Hope this helps. Ohh and they do have free clinics for breast exams and mamograms you should look it up on the internet for some in the surrounding areas!

+

Kelly.Marie.105
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Mygirlszas:

Yes it has happened to me only on the left side and it even had some blood in it! But I went and had a mamogram n sonogram everything was fine! They said hormones couldve been to blame , I breast fed my DD for 17 months and it was 6 months after that it had happened to me. I was scared but it isnt abnormal they see it alot. But it def. should be checked out! It could be a small infection! Hope this helps. Ohh and they do have free clinics for breast exams and mamograms you should look it up on the internet for some in the surrounding areas!

+

Thank you soo much for your answer! It worried me because i haven't breastfed in at least 6 years lol. I'm thinking it's an infection but the colostrum looking stuff got my hopes up a little lol. I know we're not supposed to be getting preggo right now, but I kinda secretly wish I would... 

Native_mommy36
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM

BUMP!

ArmyWifeMamaRN
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Green=Not good with any type of discharge coming from an RN!

I'd make a call and see what your doctor says. If your husband is in Basic, you should have health coverage. I'm pretty sure that my husband , my son and I were covered whil ehe was in Basic!

Kelly.Marie.105
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Quoting ArmyWifeMamaRN:

Green=Not good with any type of discharge coming from an RN!

I'd make a call and see what your doctor says. If your husband is in Basic, you should have health coverage. I'm pretty sure that my husband , my son and I were covered whil ehe was in Basic!

He's not in basic yet. He hasn't even done MEPS yet. They are being slooow as Christmas. I will be going to the Dr as soon as he does get us covered tho. I have a gazillion symptoms but the green discharge is the new one. If you want to hear them all I can list them and you can tell me what you think it is. :/

jenniferw10
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I don't know but if it doesnt clear up I would go to the doctor. Good Luck!

MomInLove4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

BUMP!

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 PM

or it could be a pituitary tumor {usually harmless} that will totally make u have breast milk etc. my sis has one and would be fully engorged! it was crtazy she had to sleep with cannage in her bra to make it stop! not sure what else to tell you

Kelly.Marie.105
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Quoting strawberryLVR:

or it could be a pituitary tumor {usually harmless} that will totally make u have breast milk etc. my sis has one and would be fully engorged! it was crtazy she had to sleep with cannage in her bra to make it stop! not sure what else to tell you

Ooh, that sounds scary. D:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)