Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Game On!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm not sure if I've introduced myself or not... so I'll do it now :)

My name is Brittany. I'm 26 and married, and we are raising 3 sons- a 4 year old, and my 18 month old twins. I have 2 older children, a girl and a boy, from a previous marriage and they are with their father.

I am not new to the world of TTC and POAS. I am an extended breastfeeder who doesn't get periods for awhile while nursing, and I night weaned my 4 yr old when he was 24 months in order to get a period and get pregnant. Two months later, we were pregnant with the twins!! Quite a shock! Come to find out, nursing mommas have a higher chance of conceiving twins.

Imagine my surprise when this past Friday night at midnight ( so Saturday am? huh..) I got a period. I assumed it would take another 6-12 months to get it since the twins are nursing frequently day and night! It's crazy. 24 months and had to night wean the older kiddo to get a PPAF and yet I nurse twins non-stop and get it 6 months earlier out of the blue. I guess my body is ready! We have been wanting another child for awhile now, and depend on God to let us know when the timing is right. I'm taking this as my cuesmile

Nobody knows we are TTC. We'd love a daughter together but another son would be totally OK also.

Brittany- Mommy, Wife, AP'ing, LDS 20-something!

wave

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomInLove4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

HELLO BRITTANY AND WELCOME.baby dust

pnut1027
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Quoting MomInLove4:

HELLO BRITTANY AND WELCOME.baby dust

Nessasmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Welcome~

LilyBeansMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Good luck, Brittany.  Welcome to the group!

BrittBratt
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Thanks, Ladies! I just ordered some OPK's from Amazon today, they should arrive just in time to start using them...I'm totally excited!

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM

hey I'm LDS too! You are a trooper! you make mother hood seem easy haha. I am on baby #3 it hasn't taken me this long to get pregnant before so it's wierd. you rock!

LoveMyKids1984
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:52 PM

welcome  I wish you lots of luck on your TTC journey!

BrittBratt
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Isn't it funny when we find others in the Church and we get excited? Haha! I'm always like " Oh, oh, oh... she's LDs too!!!"

Motherhood is definintely not easy, but it sure is rewarding. And I'm also a little obsessed with pregnancy, natural birth, and babies .. all 3 give me immense satisfaction. We decided about 6 months ago to not use my Diaphram anymore and just have faith that any children Father sends our way will be cared for.

Obviously natural child spacing works well for us, so we will use that to avoid any babies too closely together :)

I hope you get your own little blessing soon! What I did was pray and tell Father that my womb is open to any soul needing an Earthly body and BAM! That is when I got my twins. I should have specified " one" soul LOL

Quoting strawberryLVR:

hey I'm LDS too! You are a trooper! you make mother hood seem easy haha. I am on baby #3 it hasn't taken me this long to get pregnant before so it's wierd. you rock!

Brittany- Mommy, Wife, AP'ing, LDS 20-something!

wave

EmiliesMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM

welcome! and lots of baby dust to you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)