• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question, I go to the doctor next week for my annual?.>

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
But we recently started trying for a baby, what kind of tests or things will my doctor do to check my body to make sure its ready for a baby? Ive never really had a completely planned pregnancy with a dr and all???
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilyBeansMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:25 AM

BUMP!

wife2jeff
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Me too on the 8th:)  I was wondering the same thing. BUMP!

claudiayreyes
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:28 AM

i believe they do  general labs and they also do a hormone check, they will obviosly do a pap ....if it is something that is in your history like cists he might do an ultrasound!

scenkush
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Yeah I go on the sixth to the ob, should I call and let them know its not jst and annual thatsits sorta pre prenatal appt??? or just tell them when I get there?

wife2jeff
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Well, I told them I need to have a lump looked at and that we just wanted to make sure everything was normal, because we were going to start trying to conceive.  They seemed pretty okay with that.  You could always just tell them when you get there.:)  GL

wife2jeff
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Oh...and I was told they don't to PAP's if you have had an abnormal one in the past year.  Instead they wait every four-five years.  I am sooo excited for this.:)

wife2jeff
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Sorry, unless you have had an abnormal one.

azpreemiemom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:04 AM

They usually don't do any tests for that.

scenkush
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Ive never had an abnornal pap, so Ill prolly end up getting my yearly one! And Good luck to you about the lump, I hope its not a big deal!!

winteryfaith
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Great Post! I will be doing the same in October. Yearly checkup but its with a midwife. I usually go to my family doctor but Im going to a midwife and talk about prenatal things. 

So I was wondering the samething!! Thanks for asking.

Do you have any children?

Quoting scenkush:

Yeah I go on the sixth to the ob, should I call and let them know its not jst and annual thatsits sorta pre prenatal appt??? or just tell them when I get there?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)