Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladys I did read fyi that taking to much vitamin c which is in prenatals vitamins

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Can and will dry up your cervical mucus and just for an example this is wierd but in august when we werent trying!! I had tons of cervical egg white mucus like normal and then i started taking prenatals everyday and this month No cervical mocus to count for and every month I usally have so much I have pin point ovulation day!!! with out a doubt so im going to take just folic acid and drop the prenantals personal choice of course but jst letting you guys know!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cynthianc
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM

BUMP!

LoveMyKids1984
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Thanks for the info! *Baby dust*

scenkush
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I do go to the d oc next week so im goin to ask him and see wat he says, but as far as I can remember every month I would have alot of cm and this one month I didnt weird!!!

brittaniepierce
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I read up on this because I am taking a multi with vitamin C and a Vitamin B complex with vitamin C in it. By what I read, it can become a problem with high doses of vitamin C that are over 1000 mg. My multi has 50 mg of C, and my vitamin B complex has 500 mg of vitamin C. With that I just have to be careful during the day not to consume too much extra vitamin C (Vitamin C is in a lot of different products). Another thing to point out is that doses of C around 750 mg can help regulate hormone levels. It can also help women with a luteal phase defect:)

Brittanie, wife to Scott and momma to Saylor. Also TTC and hoping for baby number 2:)

Geekywitch
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Interesting.. thanks for sharing

Quoting brittaniepierce:

I read up on this because I am taking a multi with vitamin C and a Vitamin B complex with vitamin C in it. By what I read, it can become a problem with high doses of vitamin C that are over 1000 mg. My multi has 50 mg of C, and my vitamin B complex has 500 mg of vitamin C. With that I just have to be careful during the day not to consume too much extra vitamin C (Vitamin C is in a lot of different products). Another thing to point out is that doses of C around 750 mg can help regulate hormone levels. It can also help women with a luteal phase defect:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittaniepierce
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Your Welcome:)

Quoting Geekywitch:

Interesting.. thanks for sharing

Quoting brittaniepierce:

Brittanie, wife to Scott and momma to Saylor. Also TTC and hoping for baby number 2:)

Live4AutumnRose
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Really. I am taking prenatals. My dh & I have lots of BD all the time, so it is hard for me to check my CM anyways but....... since I did start taking prenatals..... I did notice that I am super dry.

LissaJ83
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Don't stop taking prenatals! Just by taking the vitamins you decrease the risk of your child having a birth defect. Seems pretty easy to me. But thanks for the info anyway. :)

newmamanew2town
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Take extra B...that INCREASES mucus!!

scenkush
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Me too! I used to have tons now that I take prenantals I have none, Im going to ask the ob on wed!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)