Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

hCG level at 13 dpo - Update 12/6

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 27 Replies

My first blood test from 13 dpo (CD 26) came back, and my hCG level was 120 mIU/ml.  My doctor said it was low, that it could be a sign of a tubal.  But the research I've done said that anything within 5 to 426 should be fine at 4 weeks.  Should I worry?  (I'll find out on Monday if the hCG from my 2nd blood test doubled).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 12/6

I got my 2nd blood test back from last week, and my hCG level was 444.  From 120.  270% in 3 days.  Yay!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trewlove
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM

That's ridiculous!!!

LOL mine was 16 at 12DPO and my doctors all said it was fine. It is not the number that counts, it is how quickly it doubles. Absolutely don't worry! Also just so you know. Some doctors will tell you that your number has to double (100%) in 48 hours, but one of the R.E.'s in our practice said that actually 67% is really the minimum. You can go online and use the doubling calculator and it will tell you your rate (if you are unsure of how to do the math).

eeyorerdl
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM

What Trew said...she's a smart, trustworthy source!

Like you said, anything with 5-426 should be fine.  [I know it's hard but] I'd say wait till monday to find out your next set of numbers.
GL!!!

kyleighsmama07
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:47 PM
At 13dpo my level was 42.3 and im now 15 wks pregnant. So its just fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violetgirl
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Oh thank you so much Trew!  It did seem not right.  I thought at one point that maybe he thought I was further along than I was, but when I reminded him that my period would have been due just yesterday, he said he was aware that I was only 4 weeks along, but 120 was still low.  Thank you!  I'll try not to worry this weekend then.

Quoting trewlove:

That's ridiculous!!!

LOL mine was 16 at 12DPO and my doctors all said it was fine. It is not the number that counts, it is how quickly it doubles. Absolutely don't worry! Also just so you know. Some doctors will tell you that your number has to double (100%) in 48 hours, but one of the R.E.'s in our practice said that actually 67% is really the minimum. You can go online and use the doubling calculator and it will tell you your rate (if you are unsure of how to do the math).

violetgirl
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I just saw everyone else's reply while I was replying to Trew.  Thanks so much ladies!!!

trewlove
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM

LOL doctors are so weird sometimes! It would be funny if it wasn't our PREGNANCIES they were talking about. I am in the middle of trying hard not to believe my doctor too, so don't feel bad, you are not the only one who got loaded up with negativity! I had three doubling times done and the first one was awesome, the second one really low, and the middle one just average. So my doctor told me my pregnancy was "likely not viable" or was ectopic. Whatever. Went in a few days later and couldnt see anything on the ultrasound, went in a few days later and they could see the sac. So I have my next one on Monday and expect to see the heartbeat :-)

jenniferw10
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Good Luck

jenniferw10
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I was 12.5 at 10DPO (CD30)  and I was 24 at 11 DPO (CD31).

olivejuicebby
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I pray all is well - keep us posted ::Hugs::

erin6704
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)