Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible to ovulate right after AF?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

i have 30 day cycle . af usually lasts 5 days or so . AF ended sunday . hubby and i had sex monday and tues day .. i noticed i felt warmer than usual on monday and tuesday  with  period like cramps. Is  it possible to ovulate right after af?

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2jtm
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM

BUMP!

Traci1979
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:30 AM
Yeah i think its possible but i belive that those people tend to have shorter periods or they have longer lp. Im not certain bout that but hope that helps you. good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cecarlson
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:36 AM

bump

kyleighsmama07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:39 AM

BUMP!

mom2byz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Yes it is, because I do/did! My AF comes ont he 17th of every month, lasts about 5 days. I just got 4 BFP's and AF isnt even due for 9 more days! So I O'ed right after my period. Good luck to you!

NikkiDoll
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM

BUMP!

HisB0107
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Every woman is different, I'd say it's very possible to ovulate right after AF. GL!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Hey,

Not typically, unless your cycles are much shorter than what you have described.  It sounds like either your body is prepping to ovulate, or something.

Good luck!

GrahamsMomAngel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I'm going to go with yes.  With my son, the only time we did the no-no that particular cycle was the last day of my period (still spotting, not quite done) and the day after.  Then I didn't see him for over 3 weeks after that, so that is the only time I could have gotten pregnant.

silka08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Technically yes, you can ovulate at any point in your cycle. 14 days is just the average day to ovulate but many women ovulate at different times. My friend got pregnant immediately following her period and had very clear positives at only 3 weeks pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)