Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused about cervical position

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM
  • 1 Replies

I hope this isn't TMI :) I check my cervical position when I'm guessing I'm near ovulation. It worked with last preg and even the day I tested it matched for preg. I of course stopped checking after that. I know it was open for miscarriage (Nov 24th) because a nurse tried to catheter it, well actually did successfully instead of putting it where it belonged. I didn't check again till few days after I stopped bleeding (last Monday). Anyway its been high and open for a week. I am SO confused. I have CM and high open but obviously you can't ovulate for a week straight and well I'll be shocked if I ovulate at all before first period following miscarriage. Anyway does anyone check position and ever experienced this? I know after a birth, I've had two, it remains more open but it seems quite open, more than any cycle I've ever had and its high and soft. Not open like I could cath again ha but just seems odd. Sorry if tmi my cervix is usually text book for tracking fertility.

I'm just SUPER confused because opk looks kinda positive. I read that if test side is different shades if half is as dark as control its pos or if only the darkest spot matches its positive. Depends on brand. So maybe I am ovulating soon? I'm on day 16 after m/c. I think I ovulate about day 14 or 15 but with my 18 month old it was day 18 (although I think I ovulated twice that month). Sat, day 11 after m/c I first noticed high, soft and cervical mucous. I had a blood draw yesterday to be sure hcg is 0, if it is I think I ovulated or am about to. If not then obviously my body's playing tricks. I had a postive hpt Tues, postive opk Weds from residual hcg, and friday or sat finally got negative opk (out of hpt) so I know my levels went down. 

Anyway just curious if anyone has experience high, open, and ewcm for a long period of time. Its really throwing me off b/c Im always super regular.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
silka08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I m/c at 5 weeks and 5 days and it presented just like a period. Based on inconclusive u/s and low hcg (only 138) they think nothing progressed after 2-3 weeks just took my body awhile to realize it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)