Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

umm, I just confused myself...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok so my EDD is based on my Ovulation. so does that still add on 2 weeks of pregnancy that wouldn't normally be there? My babies have both come 2 weeks early, so I'm guessing that this one probably wont cuz of my EDD. what do you think?

I ovulated sept 20th

EDD is june 22

if i went by my period the due date would be june 16?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kyleighsmama07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM
They do your edd from your last period. But you may have implanted later than thought that's why its the 22nd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyIvy

I would say EDD is June 16

m0m23

Your due date is 40 weeks from CD1 or 38 weeks from your O day if you O later/earlier

nsgirl2000
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM

They usually base if off the first day of your last menstral cycle

strawberryLVR
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Quoting kyleighsmama07:

They do your edd from your last period. But you may have implanted later than thought that's why its the 22nd.

UNLESS you know your ovulation date. Most women have no Idea and it IS more accurate. and I did ovulate 5 daysl later then normal that month. So if my babies come 2 weeks early and I went by the regular EDD would that put me having a baby the beginning of june?!? the growth of the baby was right on in the last U/S

ZandMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Well doctors do calculate your EDD off of the first day of your last period. But some change it if you know when you ovulated and it is confirmed in your ultrasound. My due date was off by 5 days..It matches up with my ovulation but they did not change my due date.

As for when the baby will come..no one really knows. You can guess and be prepared 2 weeks early though.

RedheadMama18
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM

When I was pregnant with my DD the nurse based the EDD off the first day of my LMP.  Then each time I had an ultrasound the due date changed by 2 or 3 days lol.

73angel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM

It is based on your lmp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)