Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats the earliest they will give an u/s pic?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM
  • 21 Replies
I am 6.1 weeks pregnant today. I have an appt for an u/s next thursday where the tech will check for a heartbeat (bc my nurse said by 7 wks there should be a heartbeat) and also to check the incision that was made through the muscle inside from my csection. I was wondering what is the earliest they give pregnant mommas pix? If I ask for one will they give me a picture or tell me its to early?
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsey24
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM
They should give u one. I got one at 5weeks n that showed the yok n sack then at 6weeks 2days saw bb and heard heart beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZandMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I got a pic. at 6 weeks 3 days..It was just a mini baby (fetal pole) at the time but got one just the same. I had seen the heartbeat that day too. Everything should work out just fine for you.

Why are they checking the muscle? Are you having trouble? I also had a c section and they did not do this.

amy6162007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I got one today at 5w3d!

xElizabethx
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM

You should get one when you go! If they're doing an ultrasound I'm sure they'd be happy to print you a copy.

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM

they gave me one when I was 9 weeks along with DS and I had bleeding to reassure me that he was A-OK

biancalina20
by Bianca on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM
My first one was @ 6 weeks :)and she looked like a jelly bean!! good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaconosMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM
Quoting ZandMommy:

I got a pic. at 6 weeks 3 days..It was just a mini baby (fetal pole) at the time but got one just the same. I had seen the heartbeat that day too. Everything should work out just fine for you.

Why are they checking the muscle? Are you having trouble? I also had a c section and they did not dothis.

I want to try a vbac w/ this baby and my nurse said the obgyn i go to does vbac but its on one condition. the scar on the inside that was made through the muscle has to go from left/right or is it right/left so i can have a vbac but if my scar goes up/down i cant have one. i never heard of this but she said this is the only way they will do a vbac. also i had a miscarriage in april and my nurse wants to make sure the baby is growin so they want to do u/s next wk to make sure the baby has a heartbeat.
ZandMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Interesting, I also want a VBAC but haven't spoke to my OBGYN about it in detail yet. I wonder if I'll have to do that too. I hope that everything turns out great sweetheart.

Remember every pregnancy is different. This is my fourth pregnancy. I had a miscarriage, then a live birth, then an ectopic and now am pregnant with a baby in my uterus. I pray everything will be fine.

Quoting DaconosMommy:

Quoting ZandMommy:

Why are they checking the muscle? Are you having trouble? I also had a c section and they did not dothis.

I want to try a vbac w/ this baby and my nurse said the obgyn i go to does vbac but its on one condition. the scar on the inside that was made through the muscle has to go from left/right or is it right/left so i can have a vbac but if my scar goes up/down i cant have one. i never heard of this but she said this is the only way they will do a vbac. also i had a miscarriage in april and my nurse wants to make sure the baby is growin so they want to do u/s next wk to make sure the baby has a heartbeat.

trewlove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM
I am around 6-7 wks, have had 3 u/s and they did not give me the pics, but I didn't ask. I have another u/s this coming Monday to see the heartbeat and will definitely ask for one then :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trewlove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Very interesting book out called "Pushed", you may both find it interesting!

Quoting ZandMommy:

Interesting, I also want a VBAC but haven't spoke to my OBGYN about it in detail yet. I wonder if I'll have to do that too. I hope that everything turns out great sweetheart.

Remember every pregnancy is different. This is my fourth pregnancy. I had a miscarriage, then a live birth, then an ectopic and now am pregnant with a baby in my uterus. I pray everything will be fine.

Quoting DaconosMommy:

Quoting ZandMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)