Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Official Soy Isoflavones Post

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM
  • 167 Replies
5 moms liked this

Post here with questions, answers, success stories and to share your journey! This will be a great way to share info without having to search all over for it.

by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought my SI today! I am actually excited to try it this cycle and see what happens. I am going to be using 160 mg CD 3-7. I have read that these CD seem to have the highest success rate. I am still searching for progesterone cream. I am going to try GNC and Whole Foods tomorrow.

Damtan
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM

keep us posted. and GL

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM

what do you use SI for?

ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM

SI is like a natural less potent form of Clomid. If you are interested I can post some articles!

Quoting Momy2beAUG.2009:

what do you use SI for?

Lovebugbaby
by Coty on Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I'm curious about this. After my m/c I didn't have a cycle for 16 wks. I had to get on BCP to finally regulate them. I'm SO afraid if I start taking the SI that it'll stop my ovulation, and I'd have to start all over. Thoughts? I haven't found anything to agree or disagree with that

ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM

There have been women who have taken SI and it has caused them to ovulate later or not at all BUT as far as the research I have done has shown those women are in the minority. Do you have a FF VIP acct? I went on the chart gallery and searched "Soy isoflavones" With the 200 chart shown only about 3% of the women had annovulatory cycles while using it. And since we dont know if those women were ovulating before hand or not it is hard to tell whether it was actually the SI that caused the cycle to be annovulatory. 

I will be using them CD 3-7 because I have seen the most success on those cycle days and because it (hopefully) wont cause me to ovulate too late in my cycle.

I hope that helps- if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask! 

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

I'm curious about this. After my m/c I didn't have a cycle for 16 wks. I had to get on BCP to finally regulate them. I'm SO afraid if I start taking the SI that it'll stop my ovulation, and I'd have to start all over. Thoughts? I haven't found anything to agree or disagree with that

73angel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I just want to put a word of caution out there. Soy Iso really is meant for women who do not ovulate on there own. If you ovulate it can and will mess up your cycle. I didn't believe that it would and tried it because I have a lf defect it really messed up my cycle and it took three cycles to kind of regulate it back to normal but my cycle never completely fixed itself. I went from a cycle of 26 to 28 days to never shorter than 33 days now. Everything I have read says if you ovulate on your own do not take soy. Oh, and it did cause me to ovulate very late in my cycle.

ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Thank you for this! It is definetely important for everyone to see both sides of any med/supp they decide to try. I appreciate you share your experience with us. It will definetely help us to make a more informed decision.

Quoting 73angel:

I just want to put a word of caution out there. Soy Iso really is meant for women who do not ovulate on there own. If you ovulate it can and will mess up your cycle. I didn't believe that it would and tried it because I have a lf defect it really messed up my cycle and it took three cycles to kind of regulate it back to normal but my cycle never completely fixed itself. I went from a cycle of 26 to 28 days to never shorter than 33 days now. Everything I have read says if you ovulate on your own do not take soy. Oh, and it did cause me to ovulate very late in my cycle.

cameronsmom8
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would like to know more also!

ChanceMom01
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I took SI CD1-5 and got my BFP. This was the 2nd cycle of trying them. The first cycle I tried them CD5-9. Good luck everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured