Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

For those who used baby aspirin during your pregnancy.....

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm taking chewable baby aspirin which was recommended by my OB doctor. I called his nurse today asking when I should stop taking it. She said that my OB doctor said that I can stop taking or I can keep taking and it would not hurt a thing. I'm only 3 weeks and 6 days along. I really don't feel comfortable just stoping taking it yet, since I just became pregnant. When did you OB doctors recommended for you to stop taking it? I read around 12 weeks. BTW this is the first time using baby aspirin during my pregnancy. Thanks for your help ladies!!

Lilypie - (UKIN)

by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tarah2239
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM
I take baby aspirin everyday due to a blood clotting disorder I'm 16 weeks 2 days and my doctor said I needed to stop takin mine a week before delivery...I don't know why your taking it but if she said it was ok to take it then I would cuz it does prevent blood clots but I dunno! GL though!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violetgirl
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I've had a miscarriage before, but I don't know whether or not I have blood clots.  I just took it upon myself to take baby aspirin because of what I've read.  When I told my doctor about it, he said 'okay, keep taking it.'  I'm 12 weeks, and I'll continue to take it 'til he tells me I no longer have to take it.  Good luck!

bczjk76
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Thank you ladies!

jenniferw10
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Why are you using baby aspirin?

samanthadannie
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I take it for my blood clotting problems and my doc told me to take the whole time.

candcsmom2008
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I also have a clottind disorder so I will take mine till a day before c-section. Other Dr's will have ladies take Asprin to help maintain a Pregnancy. Best of luck momma. I personally would not stop taking it till the Dr tells  you to stop.

bczjk76
by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I called my OB doc again and talked with his nurse. She said it would not hurt anything to stay on the baby aspirin( I'm only taking 81 mg a day). She said that most likely I should stay on it until the end of my first trimester( around 12 weeks). She said not to believe everything that is on the internet(some sites that I read about baby aspirin) and to call them with the questions. The reason I think they want me to stay on it is to help maintain the pregnancy. Its a very rocky road after having a Tubal Reversal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)