Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At-home dopplers

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

Are they worth getting?  Do they really give you reassurance that baby is okay in between doctor visits?  Or do they cause more stress than necessary?  My last prenatal appointment was at 11 weeks, and my next appointment is at 16 weeks.  I've never had to wait 5 weeks between prenatal appointments before, and the wait is killing me. :-P  I just wanna hear my baby's heartbeat again and know that all is okay.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I have a real doppler just like they use at the office. It has the u/s goo and everything and works great. I can pick up the heart beat as early as 11 or 12 wks. (That is the earliest I have tried) I loved it!

xtriciax
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:25 AM

the ones u get at like walmart are more stress. i was urged not to get one

mommanikki46536
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Me too

Quoting NoraDun:

I have a real doppler just like they use at the office. It has the u/s goo and everything and works great. I can pick up the heart beat as early as 11 or 12 wks. (That is the earliest I have tried) I loved it!

DessC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM

BUMP!

daymommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM

With my last pregnancy  I borrowed one from a friend. I think she bought hers online, and I know it was expensive. But it wasn't like what the Dr. uses, and I could never find a hearbeat with it.  Even if I had found the heartbeat I'm not sure I would have known that was it from all the other noise it produced.  It worried me more than helped, so I didn't use it much. I won't even think about trying one at home with this pregnancy.

LilyBeansMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I've never heard anything good about them.

jenniferw10
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I love my at home doppler. It is by "Angel Sound" and I love using it. My husband bought it on Amazon.com

violetgirl
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Bummer - I cannot find it on Amazon.  I tried searching for Angel Sound, Angelsound, Angelsounds - and the Amazon search results don't show anything relevant.  Could I be spelling it wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Quoting jenniferw10:

I love my at home doppler. It is by "Angel Sound" and I love using it. My husband bought it on Amazon.com

violetgirl
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Those who've been happy with theirs, can you let me know the brand?  Thanks! :-)

EmmysMommy818
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM

LOVE MINE!  But I didn't start using it until 17 weeks, but Ive heard the heart beat within 1 min each time Ive used it in the last 2 weeks, it has never failed me (knock on wood!)  I got mine off of ebay, new, for $62 bucks and it came with 2 tubes of gel.  It's called Sonoline B 3 mhz fetal doppler...LOVE IT!  I did a little research first to find a good reasonably priced one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)