Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's always hope

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:30 AM
  • 11 Replies

It can be really hard being in a group and seeing BFPs and not being part of that. Or to get a BFP and then a loss. I knew a couple from our married fellowship would be sharing their testimony on dealing with infertility but I was still feeling uncomfortable with all the pregos in the group (3 there last night) that I didn't want to go. I tried every excuse but alas we were on our way. Two blocks from our house I started crying in the car and my husband finally offered to go home, but the boys were so excited to see their friends I couldn't let them down...so we went. I knew it would be good to hear but I just didn't want to deal with the feelings. I'm glad I went. In the end, its always true, someone has it harder and you always need to be blessed with what you have.

A brief summary of their journey: 3 yrs after marriag they decided they were ready to try. She's one of 12 so she never assumed infertility would be an issue. At the time she had 15 nieces and nephews. Their entire 5 yr journey at least on person was pregnant in her family. After a year of trying they went to a fertility doc and had 7 IUIs all failed and of course their relationship took a toll as well as her body due to all the meds. They took time off and tried a new doctor.

They decided to try IVF. She was taking injections every morning and night to get ready for egg retrieval. They retrieved 21 eggs!!! Then after she had severe pain. She though normal but it wasn't. She was overstimulated which happens in 1% of people. Her body was leaking fluid into her abdomin and she looked 6 months pregnant. It was painful. She was taking painkillers almost 24/7 and was drained 6 times in 2 weeks more than any other patient. She had placement of the embryos during all of this and conceived twins. She was happy but nervous due to all procedure and meds. She had u/s every other day to check her fluid leaks so they saw that baby B was not viable. Then they waited and finally far along enough to see the hearbeat of baby A and saw a light at the end of the tunnel. However, she was there every other day and they had to slowly watch the baby's heart get slower and slower until it passed. She waited to m/c but eventually had a d&c. At this point they expected they might never get pregnant.

5 weeks after her m/c they conceived!!! NATURALLY!!! After FIVE years, SEVEN IUIs and an IVF with twins. AND to make it even more exciting, their son is 8 months old and they again conceived naturally and she's 3 months pregnant!!!! Miracles do happen. They may not always happen, but we have the hope that it can. Her faith was tested so much through this, and when she finally exhausted all her options on her own God stepped in and gave her a miracle and now another miracle!!

Sorry so long :-) I'm glad I ended up going. Yes it was hard to see pregnant moms, but its a reminder we need to be thankful for what we do have. They have 13 embryos "on ice" and may use some and are praying about doing embryo adoption. An agency here does them and ironically or should I say God planned, a new couple came last night and he had worked for that very adoption agency and was able to share that its been such a blessing to so many couples.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silka08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Oh and she had unexplained infertility.

ginnaye
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM

wow, isnt that something!!! God Bless

ambs86
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
That was so nice! Thanks for sharing! That just gives me a little bit more faith that god does work in mysterious ways!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM

wow is all i can say. That made me cry.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Hey,

WOw, that is one fantastic story!  Unbelievable how those things happen.  That happened to a good friend of mine.  She had to go through IVF to concieve her first son, and immediately got pregnant with her second!

Thanks for sharing that story.  Sometimes God does have a plan, and it looks like you walked right into the place he wanted you.

I hope you get your BFP soon!

xtriciax
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

bump

silka08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

If you're familiar with the story of Abraham and Sarah this comes to mind when I heard their story. I certainly don't think God is opposed to treatments by any means, but I think it can sometimes be a heart issue. If you're doing it with the idea God is using it as a miracle or if you're doing it b/c you don't think God will ever let you have a baby. I don't really mean it that way, I can't explain it exactly lol. But just the idea that God waits until we exhaust all of our own ideas, skills etc and THEN he steps in b/c otherwise we may not see the huge miracle and blessing that it really is.

Quoting ambs86:

That was so nice! Thanks for sharing! That just gives me a little bit more faith that god does work in mysterious ways!

silka08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

bonnebell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Wow what a story!!!! It's so true I believe God has a hand in all this ttc stuff and I thank him for the 2 blessings I have already and have hope that we will be able to get preggo again someday!:)

tabitha8501
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Thanks for sharing that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)