Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE READ LADIES!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM
  • 15 Replies

If you are using mucinex please make sure you are drinking  a lot of water and staying hydrated.  I am sure most of you who are using it for ewcm are, but even if you have to take it for congestion drink plenty of water!  Here's what happened to me last night.  I have been really congested the last few days and yesterday was the worst.  Couldn't breathe out of my nose at all so last night after supper I took 2 mucinex pills.  I did drink 2 mugs of water with it, but apparently I was more dry than I realized.  I have taken mucinex before no problem.  So last night about midnight I tried to lay down and go to sleep.  All of the sudden I sat up and my heart was racing, I was sweating, shaking, and extremely dizzy.  I tried to get up out of bed but was so shaky I really thought I was going to pass out or die because the room was spinning and graying so bad.  I made it to my phone and called DH at work.  I would never do that unless I thought it was an emergency.  I told him he needed to come home something was wrong with me and I was home alone with our daughter.  By that point I was unable to breathe and I was really scared.  He said babe you are having a panic attack and need to focus on breathing.  All I could do was cry and repeatedly tell him how scared I was, how dizzy, and unable to breathe.  So finally he said let me go so I can try to leave.  He texted me to sit in a hot shower and he was on his way.  So he came home and I sat in the shower until it turned cold.  He put on a humidifier in our bedroom and eventually I calmed down enough again to drink some water and lay in bed.  Apparently I had gotten to the point I was so dehydrated I was on the verge of making myself sick.  I have never had that feeling before and don't ever want to feel it again, or have anyone else go through it either.  I am getting ready to call the clinic for my sinuses because I'm pretty sure I have an infection and I need to be able to breathe again.  If you are still reading, thank you!  I don't want anyone to have to experience what I did.  I know dehydration can be serious, but have never felt the effects of it like that before because usually I am so much better about taking care of myself. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyIam08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Oh no. Wow, sorry that happened to you.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Hey,

Wow, that's quite one reaction!!!  It almost sounds like an allergy attack.  If that happens again, especially when you are mindful of how much water you are drinking, call 911 IMMEDIATELY.  Myself and my son have severe allergies that bring on anaphalctic shock, and that's exactly what it feels like.

If not, then you are fine.   Thanks for the headsup!!!  I was thinking about starting that this week! 

tazdale
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Wow, that's scary.  I am glad you are ok.  I don't take it unless I'm sick, but thanks for the information.  I'll keep that in mind next time I get sick.

silka08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you... I know you can take 2 for your first dose but I thought it was mostly recommended to only take one pill? Maybe next time just stick with 1. So sorry you had to deal with that.

bonnebell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Oh my girl I am so very sorry you had to go through that!!!! I know how scary a panic attack can feel, I am glad your hubby was able to come home and be with you. I hope you get to feeling better when you see the doc today. Feeling so stopped up and dehydrated is such a yucky feeling. HUGS.

hugs

RedheadMama18
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Well the instructions say to take 1 or 2 pills but I am severely congested.  I have taken 2 before and drank the same amount of water with absolutely no consequence so I didn't expect anything different this time.  I will definitely be thinking twice next time I want to take mucinex though.  I'll make sure to drink a lot more water and only 1 pill. 

Quoting silka08:

I'm sorry that happened to you... I know you can take 2 for your first dose but I thought it was mostly recommended to only take one pill? Maybe next time just stick with 1. So sorry you had to deal with that.

truelyred2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Thank you!

truelyred2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Also a thought!

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

Wow, that's quite one reaction!!!  It almost sounds like an allergy attack.  If that happens again, especially when you are mindful of how much water you are drinking, call 911 IMMEDIATELY.  Myself and my son have severe allergies that bring on anaphalctic shock, and that's exactly what it feels like.

If not, then you are fine.   Thanks for the headsup!!!  I was thinking about starting that this week! 

Loading Ticker...

Join my group ttc or pregnant and over 30. http://www.cafemom.com/group/112762/

RedheadMama18
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I didn't even consider an allergic reaction since DH could tell I was having a panic attack over the phone and knew I was dehydrated when he got home.  I have medication allergies to certain antibiotics and didn't even think about anyphylaxis since none of my other reactions have been like that.  Usually just hives or a rash.

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

xtriciax
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

o dear thnxs for info

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)