Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 3 Replies

I lost my baby girl at 19 weeks in Sept., followed by another m/c at 5.5 weeks in Nov. After taking a break since the 2nd m/c, we tried again this month. My angel babies DD is on Mon. & I would also be finding out the sex of the 2nd baby that day. AF is also due on Mon. I was having alot of pregnancy symptoms last week, but not really any this week, so I don't think I'm pregnant. I know Monday is going to be a really hard day, but if I got a BFP it would make it easier. On the other hand, if I'm not pregnant, getting a BFN would probably really depress me. I'm not sure if I should test that day because getting a positive would be really exciting, but would also make my DH & I really nervous because neither one of us want to lose another baby. For those of you that remember the posts about Jenny Renny (the baby psychic) I got a reading from her awhile ago & she said I would get my BFP this cycle. Should I test that day, or just try to make myself wait to avoid the possible disappointment? I really want to wait, but I have a serious POAS addiction. I guess I just need to vent because I've been dreading this day for 5 months but any advise would be great.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tazdale
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM

If I were you, I would wait and test a couple days after, better chance of getting a BFP if you wait.  That is just my opinion.  I'm not a POAS addict yet.  LOL

scharette
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM

This!

Quoting tazdale:

If I were you, I would wait and test a couple days after, better chance of getting a BFP if you wait.  That is just my opinion.  I'm not a POAS addict yet.  LOL

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Hey,

I am so sorry you have dealt with that.  I have had miscarriages, but they have all happened really early (5 weeks or so).  i can't imagine being in 20 weeks and have that happen.

It depends on what you are more likely to do.  What would be more exciting/depressing.  If finding out a BFN would be more emotionally worse for you than the positive reaction of the BFP, I would wait.  If its the other way around, you know the answer.

I wouldnt' put too much stake on psycics.  One told me I was going to be pregnant within 3 months. That was January a year ago and I didn't get pregnant, my SIL did.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)