Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did AF show?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
For those of you who have had early miscarriages, how long did it take for AF to show again? After having a miscarriage last week, I decided to wait to ttc until the following cycle. Should Af show in 4 weeks or was it longer for some of you?

Maria

toddler girlgirl on a swing

Dalia             Naomi

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
scharette
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Well for me I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and it came 4 weeks later.  Then I had another one at 11 weeks and it came 6 weeks later, then I had one at 7 weeks on January 20th and I am still waiting, but I am trying as well.  So we will see on that one. GL! And I am sorry for your loss! 

Nadali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Thank you, and Im sorry you've had 3 losses. I hope your next little bean sticks.
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Hey, Sorry for the miscarriage. My cycles usually run between 28-32 days.  After my miscarriages, my next cycles were usually on the longer side, but nothing unusual.

Good luck!

LCLOVE
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Sorry for your loss, af came 4 weeks later after my mc i was 9weeks.. good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nadali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Thanks. I have 27 or 28 day cycles, so it will be a long 3 weeks waiting for AF.
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

LOL. Still waiting here!!! But my D&C left me with left over pregnancy tissue. So I do more waiting, been 61 days now :(

Nadali
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Quoting mommymary6507:

LOL. Still waiting here!!! But my D&C left me with left over pregnancy tissue. So I do more waiting, been 61 days now :(

Wow, i didn't know you had been waiting that long. Did they tell you why there was still tissue left over? Must be so frustrating, hope AF comes soon.

Maria

toddler girlgirl on a swing

Dalia             Naomi

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM

I had a feeling all along, cause my levels were taking forever to go down, while everyone else around me had got their AF or was pregnant already after 4 weeks. I had my levels checked at 3 weeks, they were 156, 3 days later 106, so I thought with how they were going down. I would be able to move on soon, well boy was I wrong. I kept telling my nurse every week after hearing the level result that something wasn't right I felt, and she would assure me it just takes some women longer then others. Finally Jan 30th I got what I thought was my period, I had bleeding for 4 days, it felt normal. Then I had my levels checked again, and they were at 12 last Monday after being 17 7 days before that. So I finally said ok, I had my period here how can I still have levels in me. So got into my OB and they did a scan, YEP still tissue in me, and that period I had was not a true period, which sucks cause here I thought yay, we can move on and try again, it's all over with..HAAA. NOPE. So now I have to go through another D&C if the pills I am taking don't work. This really sucks. Been 2 months and that whole 2 months was for nothing pretty much. So once my levels do go under 5 I should ovulate within 2 week and have a period (if I don't get pregnant first) 2 weeks after that. So I am looking at 3 and a half months of waiting. But we did get the go ahead as soon as levels go under 5 and am healed we can try again, no waiting for AF!!! Sorry, that was long, had to get that out lol.

Quoting Nadali:

Quoting mommymary6507:

Wow, i didn't know you had been waiting that long. Did they tell you why there was still tissue left over? Must be so frustrating, hope AF comes soon.

Lilypie - (cEMZ)

Lilypie - (X8JS)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)