Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to vent!!! OT Needs prayers

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

One of my best friends who has been for over 12 years is very very sick with vulva cancer.  Last week we find out it has now gone into her bones and spine!!!!  She has a short period of time left.  What makes me sick is that this incredible women has been dealing with this since she was 6 months pregnant with her son who now will be turning 4 in June!!!  She is so sick and is so weak, but all she can talk about is what she needs to do for everyone else!!!  I can't stand watching such a young beautiful women go through this!! Her son will never know what an amazing women his mother was, she will never see her sin get married or graduate!! How How is any of this FAIR???  I pray everyday for a miracle or for god to just end her pain!!!!  I'm sorry for the rambling I just came from the hospital and I could just scream!!!  Thanks ladies and any prayers you could say would be great!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tmm2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Lot's of prayers going her way, her families and yours. Has anyone thought of doing a scrap book of memories with stories for her son? Or something like they did on Stepmom movie with pictures? Everyone can keep her positive spirit alive for him and also in turn bring positive energy to yourselves.

I know it is far from the same as having her here to kiss his boo boo's and hug him goodnight each night. But it is something to help him "know" his mom.

**many hugs**

kittenangel1983
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Sorry you are going through this. I know how you feel my aunt died 5 years ago of brain cancer and left behind 3 young daughters and her daughters have since gotten married had kids and graduated from high school. We keep her memory alive by sharing with her girls sons stories about their grandmother and what a great person she was and how proud she would be of them and their mommys and that she is looking down on them from heaven. I have told my cousins kids that everytime they see a rainbow to think that its their grandma smiling on them and she's with them always. I know its hard but try this have her write her son 3 letters one for when he graduates high school one for when he graduates college and one for when he gets married. She may not be there in person but her letters will be in her handwriting and it will be her way of being there. In the mean time I will pray for you and your family hun for the miracle that they need and deserve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MBAwife2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Words can't even describe what I want to say. Prayers for both of you and that little boy. 

kassie2011
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Ladies thank you soooo much, I had no idea this would be sooo hard to deal with, I think im a pretty strong women but this has just shaken me to my core!!!  She is an amazing women who doesn't deserve any of this!! Please keep tose prayers coming the power of prayer can be so strong!!

tmm2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Great thought Kittenangel! Not a bad idea for anyone to do.

kassie2011
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I'm def going to discuss with all of my girlfriends!!!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Oh my word!  I never thought you could get cancer there, but I guess if its a part of you, it can get cancer. 

I have learned in my life, that life isn't fair at all.  It seems like those who work thier asses off all the time are the ones who get shat on (excuse the language).  But those who stomp all over others are the ones who end up ahead.  

I am terribly sorry for your friend, and her child.  That's gotta be a tough situation to be in.  I really hope they are able to make decisions now about what to do with everything.

Hang in there, the best thing for you to do is to be there for her.

kassie2011
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Quoting corrinacs:

Oh my word!  I never thought you could get cancer there, but I guess if its a part of you, it can get cancer. 

I have learned in my life, that life isn't fair at all.  It seems like those who work thier asses off all the time are the ones who get shat on (excuse the language).  But those who stomp all over others are the ones who end up ahead.  

I am terribly sorry for your friend, and her child.  That's gotta be a tough situation to be in.  I really hope they are able to make decisions now about what to do with everything.

Hang in there, the best thing for you to do is to be there for her.

Yes it is an extremely rare and painfull cancer!!!  Its so hard to see one of your best friends destroyed like this!!!  I hope im strong enough for her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)