Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying not to get excited! **Edit..I couldn't wait!**

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 30 Replies

13 dpo and no AF yet!! My cycle varies by about 3 days so I am going to test tomorrow and if it's a BFN I will wait and see what happens over the weekend and hopefully test again on Monday.  I am trying not to get excited, but it's soooo hard not to the closer I get.  I bought the Equate Early detection tests from Walmart today and my almost 3 year old says "mommy, what are these" and so I told him it was a test to tell me if there was a baby in my tummy and he got super excited and said "a baby for ME to play with and nuggle (which is how he says snuggle)". Oh, it's so hard not to get excited when everyone in our house is so ready for another baby, even the kids!  And when i asked him what kind of baby he wanted, he told me he wanted a spider-man baby ROFL!! Guess I wasn't clear enough, should have said boy or girl. Totally cracked me up! 

EDIT

Ok, if they are pt in the house then I just can't help myself and I have to take one! Soooo, after I got the kids down for a nap I took one and got the slightest blue line, at first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I came out to the kitchen were there is better light and could still barely see it.  I kept feeling like I was seeing shadow's from other parts of the test so I pulled it apart to look at just the strip and sure enough the very slight blue line was still there.  Now, evap lines aren't blue in color, correct, beccause this was for sure blue just very slight and very narrow.  Ok, so now I still have one test and I am going to try and wait until tomorrow morning to take it or I might go buy a digital for tomorrow morning and hold my urine for the rest of the afternoon and take the other test after dh gets home. Still trying not to get too excited until I feel confident I have had a bfp and dh confirms what i am seeing. Oh, and I wanted to take a picture but can't find the memory card to my carema...grrrrr!! 

I am a proud Army wife and college educated SAHM who believes in: co -sleeping, non CIO, baby wearing, EBFing until self weaning, delayed solids, cloth diapering and vaxing on schedule....I AM AN ATTACHED PARENT!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MBAwife2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I've been telling my daughter they are pee toys and you get to play with them when they are married. My daughter WOULD tell everyone. 

spiritedmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM

OMG..I never thought about him telling people!! Oh well, at least he is only 3 and most people can barely understand half of what he says. 

Quoting MBAwife2010:

I've been telling my daughter they are pee toys and you get to play with them when they are married. My daughter WOULD tell everyone. 

I am a proud Army wife and college educated SAHM who believes in: co -sleeping, non CIO, baby wearing, EBFing until self weaning, delayed solids, cloth diapering and vaxing on schedule....I AM AN ATTACHED PARENT!!

MBAwife2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM

For US, we don't want my MIL to know. DH is in graduate school and she would flip a lid. Honestly, you can redirect kids so quickly nobody would notice most of the time if they said something. 

heather195
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM

take a digital or pink dye test!!! i heard blue dye test are not always correct!!! either way.. i hope you are :) update when u test again :)

Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Take a digi. No guessing with that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spiritedmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I had no idea there was a better color of dye!! Ok, well the kids are napping so I have to wait a bit before I can run to the store...how frustrating!! 

Quoting heather195:

take a digital or pink dye test!!! i heard blue dye test are not always correct!!! either way.. i hope you are :) update when u test again :)

BaByMaMa27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM
I just got two false positives on that exact test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaByMaMa27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM
They were very obvious too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyIam08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Good luck!

spiritedmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM

thank you for letting me know. So sorry for your false Positives =( that stinks.  LIke I said, not going to get my hopes up until I feel certain I got a BFP...gonna run to the store after DH gets home and get another test...any recomindations ladies? Also gonna get a digital to "seal the deal" if you know what I mean ;-) 

Quoting BaByMaMa27:

I just got two false positives on that exact test

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)