Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shettles Method

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

DH and I have 2 wonderful boys and we want to ttc for a girl. I have read all the information about the Shettles method. We are willing to give it a try and will be happy regardless of the sex. 

This is what I have read:

Have intercourse 2-3 days before ovulation and avoid intercourse just before ovulation until 2 days after ovulation and when you have peak cervical fluid.

So this is my understanding: We would have to BD 2-3 days before ovulation, NOT BD on the actual ovulation date, and may resume 2 days after ovulation.

So if I ovulate on 02/18,  are the best days to avoid BD February 15 through February 20? Should I include the 14th? Wouldn't that be a little too far from my ovulation date?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Molly1205
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM

That's funny I just read the same thing.. I'm doing waaay to much googling right now! lol. But I'm not sure how that works or even if it works.. Good Luck!

nikkip1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Im not positive either. But if you find out let me know!! We are ttc a dd after 3ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fancyrosebud1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

why they say that is, girls live longer and boys sperms die faster but swim faster. does that make any since?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)